The Scottish Region in the 1970s and 80s

acg5324

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Scottish Modeller said:

Hi andy,

I'll be another buyer!

Shame that it won't be generally available in time for Modelrail Scotland in February.

Thanks

Phil H

Yes it is a shame, that’s rather down to me as I was late getting it to the publishers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 31/01/2020 at 10:40, John M Upton said:

Will this be on sale anywhere at Ally Pally by any chance?

It’s not due out until 15/3/20 John.....so might be someone with it at Ally Pally. Bill Hudson books are going might be worth asking them to bring some along. I’m going on the Saturday...hopefully.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, westie7 said:

Got mine thru the door the other day, very nice. A few typos but otherwise a very handy reference resource :good_mini:

Thank you.........What typos did you find? 

Hi Andy

I really enjoyed your new book. Nice to see some electrics and EMUs as they are often overlooked in favour of the scenic lines. I think my favourite photo is a very grubby 37191 which provides plenty of weathering inspiration. 

Max

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Will look out for book. Is it by Amberley? Only issue I sometimes find is in the colours used . But is my era . Emus, dmus push pulls 

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Legend said:

Will look out for book. Is it by Amberley? Only issue I sometimes find is in the colours used . But is my era . Emus, dmus push pulls 

Yes by Amberley. I seem to escaped the quite dark images of some of their books. All the images have been scanned and edited by me. They do crop the images further sometimes.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Yes by Amberley. I seem to escaped the quite dark images of some of their books. All the images have been scanned and edited by me. They do crop the images further sometimes.

thanks . Just ordered it . Looking forward to a blast of nostalgia . It’s my era! 

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, westie7 said:

pg 39

37408 Lord Rannoch

37403 caption has '404

Thanks.....I bet Lord is down to auto correct and 37403 will be my thick fingers......bit of a nuisance that I missed them both.

Edited by acg5324
Missed word
  • Friendly/supportive 1

30 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Thanks.....I bet Lord is down to auto correct and 37403 will be my thick fingers......bit of a that I missed them both.

Didn't want to sound picky as that's not my thing. Just finished my shift and sitting here again going cover to cover.. it's Ace.

It's actually brought back a fair few memories, I particularly like the close up of the MK1 TSOT:D

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to seeing this.  I am still crossing my fingers in ever fading hope that Ally Pally is still on as I intended to pick up a copy there but if it is binned I shall purchase online instead.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

My copy arrived this morning and provided an enjoyable read which stirred a few memories of time spent in Scotland. The era covered is spot on for my modelling and the book will prove a useful adition to my collection. More to prove that I have read the book carefully than to be a complaint, the caption on page 38 relating to the lower picture of the class 37 is wrong. It is Glen Douglas, not Garelochead.

• Thanks 1

On 15/03/2020 at 10:32, Max Legroom said:

Hi Andy

I really enjoyed your new book. Nice to see some electrics and EMUs as they are often overlooked in favour of the scenic lines. I think my favourite photo is a very grubby 37191 which provides plenty of weathering inspiration. 

Max

Here's my grubby 37191 at Deanside Transit based on my photo of the loco at Mallaig.

dt 19.2.19 001new.jpg

37191 at Mallaig 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

37191 looks good in both pictures. One question where I have the same issue with my version of 37178. In your picture at Mallaig the loco has 2 brackets of some description on the top of her nose. Neither of our models do; can anyone confirm what they are, (lamp brackets? ) and who makes model ones that we could fit if we chose to do so?

• Like 1