The Scottish Region in the 1970s and 80s

acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Yes book arrived yesterday afternoon and I spent a very pleasant evening going through the book . It just took me back to my youth interested in the railways . I’m glad that dmus and emus so often overlooked also featured . Class 303s and 311s were my usual ride back then along with Class 126 , 107 and 101 .  Also I thought the standard of print on this book was superb . Amberley colour saturation can sometimes be questionable but it’s absolutely fine on this one .

Many  thanks for the book . As I said recreates happy times, even if we didn’t realise it then!  A great diversion from today’s news . Will have another good look tonight 

• Agree 1

Looks very good - even the sample images you've shown us are reminding me of childhood trips to Glasgow. I've just ordered my copy from the publisher's website where they are offering a "Special price".

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived this morning from Amberley ....but it would have been cheaper and quicker from Charlie !

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm taking it a few pages at a time to savour it and make it last throughout this isolation. 

I need to be cheered up somehow.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2020 at 10:28, charliepetty said:

Items ready for despatch at DCKits, Mainly good quality colour photographs with the odd Black & White. Good Reproduction:

Only £11.00 inc Postage:

see: https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=256&product_id=1603

1878584554_Amberley1.jpg.590fba802c292b511994e9594c19319e.jpg 

Just got another 15 arrive, so pleanty of stock now,  smashing little book.  Charlie

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

There are of course books for the SR, ER, WR and MR available too.

The next book is Railways around Brighton in the 70s and 80s.......

This will be followed by one on the Cross country services. NE-SW and NW-SE.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

This totally hits the spot for both location and period. 

One copy has been ordered, now I have to endure that frustrating wait for it to arrive.  :whistle:

Steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

On page 38 you make reference to a picture of a Chipmans weedkilling train which you did not use because the picture has deteriorated. Your approach is understandable, however it is a train I am trying to recreate for my west highland line layout where available photos of any condiion are few and far between. I cannot find the picture in any of your galleries, irrespective of its condition, would you make a copy available on here? I doubt I am alone in having an interest.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, young37215 said:

On page 38 you make reference to a picture of a Chipmans weedkilling train which you did not use because the picture has deteriorated. Your approach is understandable, however it is a train I am trying to recreate for my west highland line layout where available photos of any condiion are few and far between. I cannot find the picture in any of your galleries, irrespective of its condition, would you make a copy available on here? I doubt I am alone in having an interest.

It was this image

https://zenfolio.page.link/89dG7

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Just ordered the book too. Likewise stuck in the house! This was my era, when locos were ...proper locos !

Will help with with the development of my new N gauge layout Glasburgh .

funnily enough I was just discussing with one of my (also stuck in the house) friends today and talked about where /when we  would go back to .....got to be that period!

You could get a runaround weekly ticket giving a weeks unlimited travel between Edinburgh-Perth-Arbroath for £6.30 !

Yip, £6.30 unlimited 55, 47, 40, 27, 26, 25, 08, even 101 and 121 DMUs to name but a few .

Now some of the time I should of course been at school.....well 6th year anyway...

Chris

Edited by Tay Bridge
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• 9 months later...