Instructions for Jidenco / Falcon Brass H. R. Clan Goods

Would anyone have a set of instructions for the Jidenco / Falcon Brass  (LK72)  Highland Railway "Clan Goods" who could send me a scan or photocopy? I've acquired one which is missing the instructions and it would be useful to refer to them even though they are likely to be fairly basic!  The instructions  should (probably) also include a diagam of the various etches identifying the parts, and a line drawing of the locomotive, both of which would be very useful.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

The example of this kit which I have seems to have had a "challenging" previous existence. There were various bits missing, although there are also duplicates of some parts. I have now either acquired or made most of the missing pieces. Should there be interest I could post some photos on the "Kitbuilding and Scratchbuilding" section once I start building it.

Thanks,

Alan

• RMweb Premium

I've dug it out of the stash, looked at it and been scared again! Its got the full instructions which are below. I have to say that I think you are all very much braver than me, and hopefully much more accomplished builders too! Just the chassis scares me! The shame is that I could do with this and a Falcon Clan making at some point...

Anyway here they are (they also seem to be the instructions for Durn as a bonus!)

Darn. Will have to do it in two bites, as the scans are too big, just one other that will need uploading in the next post.

1596721635_clangoods1.JPG.3139aa50029dd46468218a495aaffa52.JPG

126110529_clangoods10002.JPG.f132e239b3086a2d8f4f757f69aaf860.JPG

clan_goods_10001.JPG.7da5884767c24cc54eee11ba8be1f494.JPG

clan_goods_10003.JPG.d9deab63766aed9c662c6d244d56f2cd.JPG

695410120_clangoods10004.JPG.5c14ee45b67b9d780c1d0eeb830548ab.JPG

clan_goods_10005.JPG.c60a0b59095bdcfcb9843dc5344cb93b.JPG

Andy G

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, uax6 said:

Could you do a step by step photo build of it please? It might give me enough tips to have a go at building mine, and the Clan too...

Andy G

I'll see what I can do - I haven't posted much for some time, so it would be a good project to cover. There are a few things I need to clear out of the way first though.

Regards,

Alan

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:23, uax6 said:

443653837_clangoods10006.JPG.352ffab8bb9c75529ec33f53e9b1b814.JPG

Thats the whole lot for the Clan Goods. I have the Clan instructions as well if anyone needs them.

Andy G

Hi Andy,

Just caught up with this thread about the 'Clan Goods' and 'Clan'. I too am looking for plans for both 'Clan Goods' and 'Clan' and also the 'River' Class - too either build from kits or attempt to scratchbuild/modify from ready to run stock.

Plans for the 'Clan' would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, MarkWHL said:

Hi Andy,

Just caught up with this thread about the 'Clan Goods' and 'Clan'. I too am looking for plans for both 'Clan Goods' and 'Clan' and also the 'River' Class - too either build from kits or attempt to scratchbuild/modify from ready to run stock.

Plans for the 'Clan' would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

If Andy does not have the DJH River, I have got instructions for that if it would help?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkWHL said:

Andy G and Blandford 1969,

Both plans for the River Class and Clan Class would be great. I look forward to receiving both plans.

Regards,

Mark

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-History-of-Highland-Locomotives-by-P-Tatlow-Hardback-1989/123901765961?epid=90709924&hash=item1cd91ee949:g:Z-kAAOSwptJab08W

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Just come across this thread gents. Really useful for anyone interested in building a 'Clan' , if you can get hold of the kit. I have visited the Falcon Brass website, and the kit - and quite a few others  -  are marked as not currently available. I have sent them an e-mail to ask for clarification of the kit status, assuming that Falcon still in effect own the relevant production resources, and possibly intend to re-introduce it/them. Or, is the business moribund?  Anyone know?  Would be good if SOMEONE would/could act on Blandford1969's suggestion!   

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, MacDuff999 said:

Just come across this thread gents. Really useful for anyone interested in building a 'Clan' , if you can get hold of the kit. I have visited the Falcon Brass website, and the kit - and quite a few others  -  are marked as not currently available. I have sent them an e-mail to ask for clarification of the kit status, assuming that Falcon still in effect own the relevant production resources, and possibly intend to re-introduce it/them. Or, is the business moribund?  Anyone know?  Would be good if SOMEONE would/could act on Blandford1969's suggestion!   

Sadly Falcon Brass stopped producing kits a number of years ago, so in essence its a moribund site and goodness knows why it stays up. As you may know the kits were and are really hard work, although they did have some nice turnings. 

The Clan, and Clan Goods sounds like a challenge for Mike Edge, as an engine it could be made much easier with more fold ups like the splashers and cab for example.  

Best wishes

Duncan

• RMweb Gold

I have the Clan Goods on the drawing board but needed a re-think on a couple of things so I've put it to one side while I complete another. 

It started as some simple additions to the Jidenco to make it easier to build, but it was frankly easier to just re-draw it.

• Like 2