Instructions for Jidenco / Falcon Brass H. R. Clan Goods

• RMweb Premium
On 04/03/2021 at 11:24, chris p bacon said:

I have the Clan Goods on the drawing board but needed a re-think on a couple of things so I've put it to one side while I complete another. 

It started as some simple additions to the Jidenco to make it easier to build, but it was frankly easier to just re-draw it.

Have you made any forward progress on this one?

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Have you made any forward progress on this one?

About 95% of the drawing is complete but a house move got in the way. I did have a few issues with the valve gear/motion that would be better if they were castings, but the cost was getting silly. I could see a problem with the etching cost being far in excess of what few people who wanted it would want to pay (even at just cost price) so it got put on the back burner. 
I have been looking at rtr chassis for some of my own projects to try and keep the cost down (if only the GN didn’t have such small boilers) but I don’t know enough about the Clan Goods to know if there is anything out there that could be adapted for use. 
I’m busy with work and society stuff but I’ll try and find some time to take another look at it and see if I can see a cost effective way forward.

• Thanks 1