Nelevator in OO

Hello All

In Match 2018 I ordered OO scale Nelevator from a company called Nelevation. Still not delivered and hardly word from them after chasing up progress several times. 
Has anyone here recently had a unit delivered or having issues like mine? 
It’s very frustrating. 
Thanks 

1 minute ago, AlexHolt said:

Cancel and get your money back. Getting close to two years and no product has been delivered, makes it look like a scam to me. Thats a lot of money to part with for non delivery of a product. 

But the N gauge Nelevator was delivered was it not?

This isn't a scam company, but it may be they are having difficulties with the product or the company.

A bit more here, sounds like a company struggling to fulfil orders 

• Agree 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, AlexHolt said:

makes it look like a scam to me

it's not a 'scam' as the products and business have appeared; it's a failure to deliver. I wish people would use appropriate terminology.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

it's not a 'scam' as the products and business have appeared; it's a failure to deliver. I wish people would use appropriate terminology.

It is annoying if it's nearly two years of non delivery and little feedback.

But yes it isn't a scam, if the money hasn't been taken. 

Looking at the common thread to many messages through the many Model rail Forums Nelevator are having quite a long standing issue with not only deliveries but also an almost total lack of communication.

I would be very wary if giving them any money at this stage and would wait until they have sorted their issues out.

There are quite a few customers who have waited more than 2 years and cant get any reply from them.

Caveat Emptor

• RMweb Premium

Its a good idea in concept and deserves to succeed as for those who lack space for large fiddle yards it is very attractive.

Its a shame the metal stand pictured is only for transit / assembly purposes - if it weren't you could have the device permanently set up as a sort of display case - then connect portable sections to it to create a temporary layout.

As with many such things though it may be a bit to bigger project for hobbyests to pull off and that may be why they are having problems.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, phil-b259 said:

Its a shame the metal stand pictured is only for transit / assembly purposes - if it weren't you could have the device permanently set up as a sort of display case - then connect portable sections to it to create a temporary layout.

Why couldn't you use the frame as part of a permanent setup?

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Why couldn't you use the frame as part of a permanent setup?

Because as I understand it, the 'transportation unit' is taken back by Nelevation and reused to transport further units.

I don't believe it can be purchased - which is a shame as not only does it make for a decent stand, if the unit had to be relocated at a later stage (e.g. a house move) then the 'transportation unit' would prevent damage.

Not knocking it as clearly they work, but looking at the pic, there appears to be a considerable bow in the top plate running the length of the unit. Maybe it's an optical illusion or not critical to the functionality of the unit.

Of course it could be my OCD that worries about lines that aren't straight.....:D

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, phil-b259 said:

Because as I understand it, the 'transportation unit' is taken back by Nelevation and reused to transport further units.

You understand incorrectly! It is a transport frame for our units, so that we can set them up at exhibitions. It was designed by myself for this purpose.

The Nelevators will be free standing units as part of Whitedown Junction when it goes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tKx46cTnw

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Marcus-Jay said:

You understand incorrectly! It is a transport frame for our units, so that we can set them up at exhibitions. It was designed by myself for this purpose.

The Nelevators will be free standing units as part of Whitedown Junction when it goes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tKx46cTnw

Still doesn't alter the fact that it cannot be purchased by persons wanting to by a Nelevator though, which is the point I was making.

Equally the fact it cannot be purchased doesn't mean the design isn't a useful one and it would be a usefull 'add on' were anyone to take it further.

1 hour ago, phil-b259 said:

Still doesn't alter the fact that it cannot be purchased by persons wanting to by a Nelevator though, which is the point I was making.

Equally the fact it cannot be purchased doesn't mean the design isn't a useful one and it would be a usefull 'add on' were anyone to take it further.

But no-one is going to buy a frame if the product to sit in said frame isn't being delivered.

I wonder what the wait time actually is?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, gordon s said:

Not knocking it as clearly they work, but looking at the pic, there appears to be a considerable bow in the top plate running the length of the unit. Maybe it's an optical illusion or not critical to the functionality of the unit.

Of course it could be my OCD that worries about lines that aren't straight.....:D

It shouldn't be bowing as there is no load on it, also the shafts wouldn't rotate if it was bent (I assume they do to operate the toothed belts), so I suspect lens distortion.

In a march 2018 I paid them £800 as 50% deposits which they say they needed. In that time there has been communication from them but only that they had issues with the OO units.  Have heard nothing after asking for a refund. 
mid no reply by early next year I’m considering legal advice on this. 

Its unacceptable that they haven’t replied about deliveries. Or a timeline for delivery. 

Edited by GWR-King

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, GWR-King said:

I paid them £800 as 50% deposits

How did you make the payment? Are you able to tackle the non-performance via that payment provider?

I wrote to them a week or two back pointing it was almost 2 years since mine would be "delivered in time for Christmas" requesting my deposit be refunded, they only accepted a cheque, by cheque from an account with sufficient resources in it no later than the end of January 2020 otherwise I would take the matter to the small claims court seeking also costs and lost interest from them.

• Friendly/supportive 2

I paid my 50% deposit by bank transfer. So I’m not the only one this has happened to. A week ago I emailed them giving them two weeks notice to refund. That will take the deadline to 24th December. If I don't get a refund by then,  I’ll send a recorded letter with a warning of legal action from the small claims court. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Lots of people have been waiting similar times for the N gauge one too. Although some have been delivered they appear to have dried up in the last year or two. He was struggling with demand and took on an apprentice, but I don’t believe that worked out.