Nelevator in OO

10 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Not convinced it genuinely active even if the company is still legally open; several years since I saw any ads or a stand at a major show.

However as you indicate, they filed accounts up to January last year which does suggest they have not seen any reason to have wound the company up when we last heard anything.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09965625

Only one director (his wife?) at a small villlage to the north of Huntingdon

The website Nelevation.com has gone, but there is a Nelevator.com, unfortunately they are a firm maintaining lifts in the USA!

Rather sad, as the product looked well engineered and it struck me as promising approach to storage even in OO, but even better suited to smaller scales like N.  It currently looks to me like a gap in the market for some entrepreneur with the requisite light engineering/manufacture facilities.

I agree that there is a gap in the market, but I guess the reality is somewhat different. Many I would suspect find the cost daunting and would baulk at the price. Not to mention names but this is what happens with specialty items, I had a few conversations with a company that found a gap in the market for their item. It was shown at a show and they received many oohs and arhs, but I was the only one to put a deposit down. 

The nelevator was a good concept but my suspicion is although the N gauge one worked there were issues with the 00 one, I think mainly due to its design. I seen a few of these elevators at European shows and these are highly engineered items but cost an absolute fortune. Then I would guess there is the problem of location, ok if starting from scratch but shoe horn into an existing layout would be difficult as the concept was as well as storage it would act as a display cabinet. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Not convinced it genuinely active even if the company is still legally open; several years since I saw any ads or a stand at a major show.

And their assets are slowly depleting year on year with apparently no income.

Unfortunately they are on "Micro Accounts"* which show little detail on what's going on.

* due to the small size of the business they are classed as a 'micro' company and don't have to provide fully audited accounts.

(The amount of cash in the business, right from the start was below the normal threshold for compulsory VAT registration)

I'm sure we were doing more business with our B&B than they appear to be doing.🙂