10 hours ago, jwd said:

I have been trying for months to contact Nelevation via phone, email and even tried their 'sister' company Origin Product Design, no one answering their phones or email either.

I presume this is a dead product now and expect them to appear on Companies house closure notices soon.

With a complete lack of response I will have to go via Small Claims Court to try and get my £500 deposit back.

Such a shame as this was such a good idea for a product.

did you not pay by credit card?

On 08/09/2020 at 11:19, jwd said:

I have been trying for months to contact Nelevation via phone, email and even tried their 'sister' company Origin Product Design, no one answering their phones or email either.

I presume this is a dead product now and expect them to appear on Companies house closure notices soon.

With a complete lack of response I will have to go via Small Claims Court to try and get my £500 deposit back.

having just looked at there Facebook page and if I was in this position I would certainly start a small claim. I do get the feeling the poor chap under estimated the demand for them and being a one man band just got overwhelmed. When I enquired about these I was told there was a six month delay this was a warning to me and count myself lucky. Another thing having looked at companies house it is interesting who the director is.

• Like 1
  • RMweb Gold

The company is still active so I would pursue your money. 

2 hours ago, Andymsa said:

Another thing having looked at companies house it is interesting who the director is.

Allen/Marion Pearson?........ I was expecting to see DJM :D

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Round of applause 1
4 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

They would not take credit cards, think we can all work out why now.

I think that's a little unfair, the implication being that they were trying to get around payment protection or weren't trusted by the card companies,  i.e. deliberately taking monies without the intent to supply - I think its much more likely that at heir stage in development they couldn't justify the cost of a card account for 50-60 transactions a year (albeit quite large value transactions).

My only interest in the company is in their technology, but I've just had a quick look at the blog, and it appears that up until Sept2018 they had sold a shade under 100, and because they had recognized they had manufacture problems they had stopped taking orders, which seems reasonable to me. 

Inspired by Andymsa's mention of companies house, i looked at their January 2019 balance sheet, and they appear to have creditors to the tune of about £28000 - assuming that's ONLY deposits for their machines (and not suppliers of materials etc) that might suggest they had deposits for about 50-60 more machines?

Jon

• Agree 1
On 19/12/2019 at 08:31, woodenhead said:

On the one hand I am surprised they don't accept any credit cards for the amounts being charged, but looking at the delays and lack of contact being mentioned why am I not surprised.

image.png.b6ca29faa01eb151baa1688e86da2a18.png

Looking at the price difference, between N & 00 suggests that's why the production difficulties lay. Only 200 pound difference, for what I suspect a much more robust design is needed.

On 08/09/2020 at 11:19, jwd said:

Probably couldn't patent it though, as it wasn't an original idea.

On 09/09/2020 at 15:18, Andymsa said:

Another thing having looked at companies house it is interesting who the director is.

What's so interesting?  My guess is it's the designer/manufacturer's wife (they share the same surname), allowing him to concentrate on that side of the business whilst his wife concentrates on the office side.  No doubt there are other advantages - tax maybe?