Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Rivet Police Part 2 - Banged up inside

• RMweb Premium

A sad tale, and especially poignant with the decriminalisation of duplicate models expected in today's Queen's Speech. Defences do exist, and "the old one was nearly worn out" has been accepted as a mitigation by the courts. Sadly, this can never wash when there is such obvious evidence of train racing.

It does sound as though a yard of wonky track was not as bad as we might have feared - you might have been put in the Finescale chassis for Palitoy J72s Workshop, but the recent shipments by Bachmann have lead to this being called a cruel punishment.

I know, I must be careful to tidy up the layout room more often, and above all switch  those analogue controllers to neutral before bed time.

- Richard.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking forwards to the bit where we find out that the squealing track sounds on DCC sound chips are actually recordings of tortured inmates who crossed Grouty and transgressed the unwritten law.....

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

For a while I thought I was really getting the hang of finescale modelling, what with managing to lay nearly three feet of track in the first month: a few short years and I’d be out. Unfortunately, my hopes were dashed at the next layout inspection when my sleeper spacing was found to be out by 2 and in some cases 3mm and I had to rip it all up and start again. I could see I would have to knuckle down, stop watching Netflix box sets of the world's most scenic railways and get on with some serious modelling.

But Peco track comes with a fixed base so how can you be 2 to 3 mm out. Peco code 100 is fine scale isn't it?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

See if you can get away with modelling secondary American track. Plenty of photos swilling around the Interweb to wave at the Know-alls as proof you are laying prototype looking track.....

000043766016.Jpeg.095a1605d531388c1eb79e8320dd4ee4.Jpeg 

And it does work in model form as well....

Of course, for many people - & I suspect it's true of the Rivet Police too - just modelling Foreign trains is a serious crime in itself. :rolleyes: :blum:

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, F-UnitMad said:

Edited

Of course, for many people - & I suspect it's true of the Rivet Police too - just modelling Foreign trains is a serious crime in itself. :rolleyes: :blum:

Hi F-UnitMad

I can't see what is fundamentally wrong in modelling Scottish or Welsh railways after all they nearly look English. :read:

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
On 18/12/2019 at 20:20, Ducking Giraffe said:

Do you know yours?

Bachmann 94xx.

12 hours ago, 47137 said:
12 hours ago, 47137 said:

It does sound as though a yard of wonky track was not as bad as we might have feared - you might have been put in the Finescale chassis for Palitoy J72s Workshop, but the recent shipments by Bachmann have lead to this being called a cruel punishment.

No, the cruel punishment is waiting for shipments by Bachmann.

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

can't see what is fundamentally wrong in modelling Scottish or Welsh railways after all they nearly look English. :read:

Of course, if you are Welsh or Scottish then it is the English railways that are foreign.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

On 19/12/2019 at 11:04, Nearholmer said:

Being banged-up for eighteen hours a day, with nothing but a small tin of Humbrol track colour and a No.1 brush for company can’t be much fun.

Neither is it much fun having Melinda Messenger leaning over you, in a tight modelling T-Shirt, demanding that you satisfy her, and complaining that what you trying to give her isn't big enough.

Just because she came from Swindon, and went to Dorcan Technical College, why do we have to model everything as GWR Broad Gauge in O-Scale?

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
On 20/12/2019 at 19:40, Northroader said:

English, Welsh, and Scottish, now where have I heard that??

27 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Didn't they go into a bar?

Forgot the Irishman.

He's named Murphy and is still insisting Irish gauge is the same as English......

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/12/2019 at 17:04, KeithMacdonald said:

Neither is it much fun having Melinda Messenger leaning over you, in a tight modelling T-Shirt, demanding that you satisfy her, and complaining that what you trying to give her isn't big enough.

Does she insist on P4 instead of 00?

• Funny 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 19/12/2019 at 14:14, Clive Mortimore said:

I can't see what is fundamentally wrong in modelling Scottish or Welsh railways after all they nearly look English. 

Apart from the dragons?

image.png.4604c47f0ddbf8325e77aa4f0f51b6e7.png