MODELMASTER UK - Order delays

Ian Abel

I have dealt with Jim a couple of times, a nice enough bloke, but he's just not on the ball.

To cut a very long story short, after 8 weeks of  placing an order and several phone calls chasing, the  transfers finally arrived, cream lining, that were in fact off white. I  ordered some from Fox, as my patience was at an end, and returned the transfers to Modelmaster asking for a refund.

On receiving them he immediately phoned me, quite irate, insisting they were cream, but he would refund me, and not to order anything from him again (way ahead of you Jim).  After 2 weeks no refund, I wrote to him  (as he does not respond to emails, he makes no secret of this, and rarely answers the phone) asking for my £10 back. I never received a response or a refund.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Just spoke to Jim on the telephone and his advice was to be patient. Due to his suppliers factories having to apply social distancing and split shifts there is a backlog of orders. It's a shame he can't put this current info on the website homepage to give customers either a heads up for waiting [more than 10 days stated] or the option to shop elsewhere.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stopped dealing with MM long before 'Covid' as the delivery times were really poor then.

Always go straight to Fox these days - usually receive all orders in a couple of days.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The ever changing mind of Modelmaster as to what they are or are not producing takes yet another twist. This just in:

I really wish they would make their ruddy minds up!!!

I'm standing as an official candidate at the Scottish

Parliamentary Election early in 2021, so whether

or not I become an M.S.P.,  (50/50!!)  Elspeth

and I will NOT be producing any new,

or restocking any existing, decals

or etched nameplates from now on. 

It's a good time to stop.

Neither will there be any huge 

discount offers in order to 'get rid'

of what we have - it'll sell out in its

own time.   All outstanding orders

will be fulfilled, and MODELMASTER

and our website at modelmaster.uk is

certainly NOT  closing down!

Edited by John M Upton
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

If he wants out of the nameplate game just sell up. I always feel like these announcements are made just to (hopefully) see a quick influx of orders when things are going slow for him... I don't know, I really like his products but I'm starting to be put off by slow orders and stuff like this.

Edited by Brocp
Typo
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

The ever changing mind of Modelmaster as to what they are or are not producing takes yet another twist. This just in:

I really wish they would make their ruddy minds up!!!

Written like a true politician - you end up more confused after the statement than before.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

And indeed in another email sent a few minutes later he says he will still be making transfers for some loco kits so has contradicted himself already!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Written like a true politician - you end up more confused after the statement than before.

Probably won't deliver on his promises either.:banghead:

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

16 hours ago, John M Upton said:

so has contradicted himself already!

Now, that’s a politician for you! He’s obviously getting in some practice, just in case. 

Edited by truffy
  • Agree 1