MODELMASTER UK - Order delays

Ian Abel

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Something of an over-reaction?

If LIAR is too strong for you, perhaps you have another name for someone who repeatedly says 'it's on it's way' when he knows that's not true?

Once may be a genuine mistake; doing it repeatedly and continuing to take money for items that he does not have is FRAUD in my book.

What about the list member (above) who repeatedly gave Jim the benefit of the doubt, only to lose his money because PayPal said he waited to long?

You may be able to write off your hard-earned cash because the guy has health / family / other issues - most of us can't / won't!

CJI.

All I'll say is that's now twice, in a very public Forum you have called someone a Liar and a Fraudster.

If you have lost money, yes tell others, If you have had bad service, yes tell others, if you persue your claims through legal means ( win or lose) yes tell others. If you want to warn others about possibly losing money if they place an order, fine. But others also have a right to call out someone calling him a 'Clown'  OR  give information as to his circumstances without being labelled Apologists.

It's in danger of turning into another witch hunt, with some quite possibly libelous name-calling that I'm sure Warner Bros will NOT be happy with.

In the interests of not inflaming this furthur I'll bow out and leave you to your thoughts

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

43 minutes ago, Matt C said:

All I'll say is that's now twice, in a very public Forum you have called someone a Liar and a Fraudster.

If you have lost money, yes tell others, If you have had bad service, yes tell others, if you persue your claims through legal means ( win or lose) yes tell others. If you want to warn others about possibly losing money if they place an order, fine. But others also have a right to call out someone calling him a 'Clown'  OR  give information as to his circumstances without being labelled Apologists.

It's in danger of turning into another witch hunt, with some quite possibly libelous name-calling that I'm sure Warner Bros will NOT be happy with.

In the interests of not inflaming this furthur I'll bow out and leave you to your thoughts

Fine - so will I, but I do not retract the words that I used; despite your concerns concerning legal implications.

CJI.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is there anyone on here that has a business interest in that the demise of MM may be benefit them? If so it may be worth thinking hard about the wording of certain posts. 

Jim's business may be crumbling and falling off a cliff edge, and not acceptable, but some of the comments on here will not benefit anyone's legal action if taken forward. This thread is getting onto very thin ice.

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Is there anyone on here that has a business interest in that the demise of MM may be benefit them? If so it may be worth thinking hard about the wording of certain posts. 

Jim's business may be crumbling and falling off a cliff edge, and not acceptable, but some of the comments on here will not benefit anyone's legal action if taken forward. This thread is getting onto very thin ice.

Since you clearly refer to me, I will pick up the gauntlet that you throw down.

I have no business interest in the demise  or otherwise of Modelmaster - for that matter, it would not affect me - other than having more modelling time - if Cambridge Custom Transfers ceased to be available tomorrow.

As I have repeatedly stated before, I merely make available to other modellers transfers that I produce for my own use. I in no way rely on a financial income from CCT ; and have no personal incentive to see MM close down.

I do, however, have a strong commitment to those modellers who use my transfers - I usually achieve a by-return service.

My interest in the MM situation is that I strongly believe that customers who commit money to the purchase of an advertised product are entitled to receive their purchases.

I have no trepidation concerning legal action - everthing that I have posted is verifiably true, and so I have no concerns.

However, I might caution you against  

casting unfounded aspertions concerning my motives.

CJI.

• Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I can't think of any.

Railtec are too busy, CCT are not that bothered, HMRS no idea

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I did try and search the Modelmaster website yesterday.  What a mess.  Hardly anything illustrated, badly laid out, confusing 'announcements' all over the place.

And apparently this is the "new" website, how bad was the previous one?!?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I did try and search the Modelmaster website yesterday.  What a mess.  Hardly anything illustrated, badly laid out, confusing 'announcements' all over the place.

And apparently this is the "new" website, how bad was the previous one?!?

I sent an email asking what was on a sheet of decals Modelmaster offer, I did get a quick reply (this was a couple of years ago), with the answer 'buy a pack or 2 and find out'!

My order went elsewhere

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 17/07/2021 at 17:00, cctransuk said:

Since you clearly refer to me, I will pick up the gauntlet that you throw down.

I have no business interest in the demise  or otherwise of Modelmaster - for that matter, it would not affect me - other than having more modelling time - if Cambridge Custom Transfers ceased to be available tomorrow.

As I have repeatedly stated before, I merely make available to other modellers transfers that I produce for my own use. I in no way rely on a financial income from CCT ; and have no personal incentive to see MM close down.

I do, however, have a strong commitment to those modellers who use my transfers - I usually achieve a by-return service.

My interest in the MM situation is that I strongly believe that customers who commit money to the purchase of an advertised product are entitled to receive their purchases.

I have no trepidation concerning legal action - everthing that I have posted is verifiably true, and so I have no concerns.

However, I might caution you against  

casting unfounded aspertions concerning my motives.

CJI.

Ah, if the cap fits then? Not nice to gave someone have a poke at you is it? You have revealed your activity and I accept you are not a competitive trader, however there possibly  is a conflict of interest and that would be an issue if MM decided to fight back (which he can't won't). Let's put it this way CJI, have you lost out to this guy Jim? If you have then fine, you can keep having a pop. If not, maybe make the point and then just leave it as this thread is just kicking up the dust day after dat after day. It is repetitive and tedious.

Just think about it and maybe back off kicking a bloke when he is obviously down and almost out. Empathy isn't hard to employ.

I hope you understand this? 

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well somone has thrown their gauntlet into the ring as they suggest. 

I would think that is a slight conflict of interest?  I didn't suggest it was anyone that I knew of but they leap to their Defence, just what MM can't do.

• Funny 2

15 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Well somone has thrown their gauntlet into the ring as they suggest. 

I would think that is a slight conflict of interest?  I didn't suggest it was anyone that I knew of but they leap to their Defence, just what MM can't do.

Don't make me laugh - I don't leap to anything at my age, and I've absolutley nothing to defend.

Clutching at straws, methinks!

CJI.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

MM CAN defend themselves if they want to.  Whether they are believed will no doubt be affected by recent customer experience.

True, however, until fairly recently in the life of MM the service was first class and the business model was great. Did you ever meet Jim and his late pal? Lovely people. Now maybe ask yourself why this demise has taken place? I am sick of trying to get some people to just think about the circumstances. Some seem determined to keep kicking and it disgusts me. I've lost some money but I don't give a flying #### under these circumstances.

P

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

@Mallard60022 - Please stop trying to backseat moderate.

@cctransuk - Please stop being so abrasive.

Thank you, understood.  I have no intention of trying to 'moderate', just standing up against bully boys. They can do as they wish about pursuing for money, which I fully understand, but it just goes on and on..... as I do. Apologies.

P

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

True, however, until fairly recently in the life of MM the service was first class and the business model was great. Did you ever meet Jim and his late pal? Lovely people. Now maybe ask yourself why this demise has taken place? I am sick of trying to get some people to just think about the circumstances. Some seem determined to keep kicking and it disgusts me. I've lost some money but I don't give a flying #### under these circumstances.

P

Personal life is personal life. Business is business. MM may be down but not down enough to stop him taking money for orders that he has difficulty fulfilling.  I've no reason to doubt that he is a nice man with recent problems, but if those problems prevent him from running his business properly, he should either accept help, or suspend the business till things improve.

His problems are no excuse for some of the things I am reading about on here.

• Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Personal life is personal life. Business is business. MM may be down but not down enough to stop him taking money for orders that he has difficulty fulfilling.  I've no reason to doubt that he is a nice man with recent problems, but if those problems prevent him from running his business properly, he should either accept help, or suspend the business till things improve.

His problems are no excuse for some of the things I am reading about on here.

I really believe that has been over discussed already. That is all. I am not a Moderator, just someone seeing bullying.

Put up a pinned post suggesting people MUST check before sending any money and if they get a promise, keep the evidence. Anyone now would not be ordering without a concrete guarantee and evidence.

Yes, money paid without goods is already several cases to be answered so it seems. I am owed a set of Plates. I actually don't care about that in the circumstances.

I have agreed that the return of money or receipt of goods needs sorting, however this thread in places is like a lynch mob baying at the victim, who isn't responding.  I find that several posting on here have done this with other suppliers, 'seemingly having issues', in the past as I have been reading this last week.

Social Media has a habit of showing this sort of thing in all its' rather distasteful form, allowing people to rage and shout in posts but actually take no action. If people that have threatened action as they have had an issue, why are they not pursuing it through Citizens' Advice and Small Claims Court?

I am simply suggesting that the case for action has already been identified long ago. Why then keep on barking like Hound Dogs with an injured animal, cornered and seemingly unable to respond here? Take a look at the way people have posted when they don't even have money owing! Conch behaviour.

I am no longer going to post here as it is pointless.

Phil  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I really believe that has been over discussed already. That is all. I am not a Moderator, just someone seeing bullying.

Since you wrote this immediately after quoting one of my posts, I sincerely hope you are not implying that I am a bully.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• AY Mod locked this topic