Zx21 slaving to twincentre

Les Pallett

Do you mean that the Z21 will be the master? This could be achieved by connecting the output of the twin centre to the Sniffer Bus of the Z21 or you can use the LocoNet as described by Roco in their manuals

See the Roco page on this 

https://www.z21.eu/en/faqs-support/questions-answers

Edited by WIMorrison
added roco link

5 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

Do you mean that the Z21 will be the master? This is achieved by connecting the output of the twin centre to the Sniffer Bus of the Z21.

The Z21 FAQ you reference discusses connection via LocoNet, not Sniffer ports, with important instruction to use a LocoNet cable with the RailSync lines disconnected.  
I think that's where the original question is coming from (hence the bit about maintenance mode).

As to answer, don't have one,  it may be something where one has to go back to the Roco support about it - if a dialogue won't close, its their software.  

Possibly digging in German forums may yield an answer, and expand the search to the Uhlenbrock Intellibox (the Twin Centre is basically an Intelllibox produced under a different brand name).     
Just possibly A&H Models in Northamptonshire (Uhlenbrock importers/agents for UK) may have an answer - they list Roco as a brand they stock.  

- Nigel

Nigel,

The sniffer port will work to give the twin centre controlling art of the layout and the z21 the rest, the Loconet connection can be configured either way which is why I quoted it (both connections are described in the link ;) )

I will let the OP work out from reading the Roco link how  he wants to do it :)

Edited by WIMorrison