Network Rail 37 kicks off 'Accurascale Exclusive' Range

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, classy52 said:

This will be 5th locomotive with sound I have purchased from you...sold to the gentleman with no money!!!

If Accurascale announce many more modern image 37s I am going to have to consider paying with chocolate buttons because at this rate they will be the only thing left that I have that resembles pound coins. 

On a more serious note as yet I haven't pre-ordered any 37s by Accurascale because more are due to be announced next year. So I will wait until Accurascale have confirmed that the announcements at least for the first batch due in Q4 2020 have finished and then decide which ones to buy. At this moment in time 97301 is a contender but it depends if other 37s that I want more are announced for the first batch. In that case I may not buy 97301 and instead by a different 37 that I want more than this one. To me this is the only logical way of doing it especially with so much expensive modern image stock arriving in 2020. It's by far going to be my most expensive ever year, so I won't be able to afford everything but I will definitely really appreciate what I do buy, thanks to Accurascale and other manufacturers delivering exceptional products. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

If Accurascale announce many more modern image 37s I am going to have to consider paying with chocolate buttons because at this rate they will be the only thing left that I have that resembles pound coins. 

On a more serious note as yet I haven't pre-ordered any 37s by Accurascale because more are due to be announced next year. So I will wait until Accurascale have confirmed that the announcements at least for the first batch due in Q4 2020 have finished and then decide which ones to buy. At this moment in time 97301 is a contender but it depends if other 37s that I want more are announced for the first batch. In that case I may not buy 97301 and instead by a different 37 that I want more than this one. To me this is the only logical way of doing it especially with so much expensive modern image stock arriving in 2020. It's by far going to be my most expensive ever year, so I won't be able to afford everything but I will definitely really appreciate what I do buy, thanks to Accurascale and other manufacturers delivering exceptional products. 

I sort of pre-empted about 18 months ago that new or existing players were going to re-tool the Class 37, 47, 66 which made up the bulk of my loco's thus I began to sell them off at profit until every single one was gone incl. my special editions.

For me the timing was spot on and I beat any flooding of the ebay market thus my sales didn't stagnate for too long and built up reserves of cash to now buy a lot of modern image loco's from Accurascale incl. wagons as well as the AC 92 & 90 from Bachmann, basically the only loco's I kept from my original stock was the Hornby Colas 67 & a couple of Dapol DRS 68's thus all my loco's now being of current tooling.

I haven't purchased any Hatton's 66's yet but keeping an eye on how they stand up to scrutiny and no rush to get any plus I'm concentrating on Accurascale's 37's (x3 atm) a 92 (x1), current Alycidon 55 from Rails all with sound, I am also keeping an eye on the Heljan Class 47 but don't feel modern current image is their priority thus they probably won't have anything for me for at least a few years so that can sit in the background until whatever time they decide to do a current day livery for that class and if they don't then I'm not particularly bothered.

Obviously Accurascale will announce more 37's and yes I will buy them if they are current image but I love the Class so much I don't mind having a stack of them in different liveries...yes late 2019 & 2020 are expensive but exciting times from Accurascale and long it may continue.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, classy52 said:

I sort of pre-empted about 18 months ago that new or existing players were going to re-tool the Class 37, 47, 66 which made up the bulk of my loco's thus I began to sell them off at profit until every single one was gone incl. my special editions.

For me the timing was spot on and I beat any flooding of the ebay market thus my sales didn't stagnate for too long and built up reserves of cash to now buy a lot of modern image loco's from Accurascale incl. wagons as well as the AC 92 & 90 from Bachmann, basically the only loco's I kept from my original stock was the Hornby Colas 67 & a couple of Dapol DRS 68's thus all my loco's now being of current tooling.

I haven't purchased any Hatton's 66's yet but keeping an eye on how they stand up to scrutiny and no rush to get any plus I'm concentrating on Accurascale's 37's (x3 atm) a 92 (x1), current Alycidon 55 from Rails all with sound, I am also keeping an eye on the Heljan Class 47 but don't feel modern current image is their priority thus they probably won't have anything for me for at least a few years so that can sit in the background until whatever time they decide to do a current day livery for that class and if they don't then I'm not particularly bothered.

Obviously Accurascale will announce more 37's and yes I will buy them if they are current image but I love the Class so much I don't mind having a stack of them in different liveries...yes late 2019 & 2020 are expensive but exciting times from Accurascale and long it may continue.

Luckily just by chance last year and this year I have done the same. I sold off all of my ViTrains 37s and many of my Bachmann 66s as well as some other stock. Like you I had a feeling that newly tooled models would be announced in 2019 & 2020 so I have dispensed with some items. To be fair I haven't even noticed that they have gone because they wasn't really used much so I am fortunate that I already have some money put to one side for the Accurascale Class 37 range. Pleased that I did because if I hadn't of I would have had less money to spend on new 37s, so by selling some old models off these nice stream of announcements by Accurascale are validating my decisions. I have several of the Dapol 68s and again they are very impressive model. Class 55s & 92s unfortunately aren't really my area of modelling but thankfully Accurascale are doing the new 37s and they most certainly are. Although if I was to buy either of the former they would definitely be from Accurascale. I have to say and I never thought I would say it considering I grew up watching Class 66s I already have more 37s, so by the time I have bought some more from Accurascale by Class 37 fleet will be more than double my Class 66 fleet. Like you I am considering buying some of the Hattons 66s in January/February when they arrive to replace some of the old tooling variants that I sold. So yes the new Class 66 by Hattons is also a very welcome announcement. I'm the same regarding Class 47s, because I only buy modern image stock so I won't need anything from batch one of the Heljan versions. To be fair I am happy with the Bachmann and specially commissioned ViTrains 47s by Rail Exclusive (DRS & Northern Belle liveries), so I wouldn't sell any of the 47s I have and it's unlikely I will buy any from Heljan, just because I don't tend to model WCRC, the Locomotive Services Limited 47s are all ex DRS thus I already have them as well as a Colas version. This only really leaves GBRf & Rail Operations Group 47s but what with Accurascale announcing 37608 I will buy this ROG loco over a 47 any day so I will have this one for stock/unit transfers. I completely agree, Accurascale will be costing me a fortune with these 37s but I have wanted these for many, many years so really at £170 the price for several doesn't put me off at all. Can't wait to see what they will announce next year. 

Any chance of a second Europhoenix/Rail Operations Group 37 for batch one Fran? 37510, 37601 or 37611 would be especially nice (hint hint)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Luckily just by chance last year and this year I have done the same. I sold off all of my ViTrains 37s and many of my Bachmann 66s as well as some other stock. Like you I had a feeling that newly tooled models would be announced in 2019 & 2020 so I have dispensed with some items. To be fair I haven't even noticed that they have gone because they wasn't really used much so I am fortunate that I already have some money put to one side for the Accurascale Class 37 range. Pleased that I did because if I hadn't of I would have had less money to spend on new 37s, so by selling some old models off these nice stream of announcements by Accurascale are validating my decisions. I have several of the Dapol 68s and again they are very impressive model. Class 55s & 92s unfortunately aren't really my area of modelling but thankfully Accurascale are doing the new 37s and they most certainly are. Although if I was to buy either of the former they would definitely be from Accurascale. I have to say and I never thought I would say it considering I grew up watching Class 66s I already have more 37s, so by the time I have bought some more from Accurascale by Class 37 fleet will be more than double my Class 66 fleet. Like you I am considering buying some of the Hattons 66s in January/February when they arrive to replace some of the old tooling variants that I sold. So yes the new Class 66 by Hattons is also a very welcome announcement. I'm the same regarding Class 47s, because I only buy modern image stock so I won't need anything from batch one of the Heljan versions. To be fair I am happy with the Bachmann and specially commissioned ViTrains 47s by Rail Exclusive (DRS & Northern Belle liveries), so I wouldn't sell any of the 47s I have and it's unlikely I will buy any from Heljan, just because I don't tend to model WCRC, the Locomotive Services Limited 47s are all ex DRS thus I already have them as well as a Colas version. This only really leaves GBRf & Rail Operations Group 47s but what with Accurascale announcing 37608 I will buy this ROG loco over a 47 any day so I will have this one for stock/unit transfers. I completely agree, Accurascale will be costing me a fortune with these 37s but I have wanted these for many, many years so really at £170 the price for several doesn't put me off at all. Can't wait to see what they will announce next year. 

Any chance of a second Europhoenix/Rail Operations Group 37 for batch one Fran? 37510, 37601 or 37611 would be especially nice (hint hint)...

Great minds think alike :yes:

Yes I even sold off all my RE Vitrains DRS 47's but they weren't used and just sitting on the shelf brand new, all what I did was down to re-defining my stock as I had sold a few wagons as well (mostly Intermodal) but still have a good variety which I am matching to the Accurascale announcements.

This is why I have purchased the GBRf Class 92 92032 to go with my 10+ rake of weathered ICA Silver Bullets but the Class 55 Alycidon current mainline was a an impulse buy and was drawn to the level of detail and think besides the Class 37 is the most awesome sounding loco in the UK, will have to buy coaches for that though.

The 37's 602 & 609 will now go with my newly purchased Accurascale Nuclear PFA & KUA's along with Bachmann's FNA's and the NR 97301 was the icing on the cake before Xmas, if Accurascale do 97302, 303 & 304 I would also get those as I have the full compliment of NR coaches/vans from Hornby & Bachmann to go with them.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, classy52 said:

Great minds think alike :yes:

Yes I even sold off all my RE Vitrains DRS 47's but they weren't used and just sitting on the shelf brand new, all what I did was down to re-defining my stock as I had sold a few wagons as well (mostly Intermodal) but still have a good variety which I am matching to the Accurascale announcements.

This is why I have purchased the GBRf Class 92 92032 to go with my 10+ rake of weathered ICA Silver Bullets but the Class 55 Alycidon current mainline was a an impulse buy and was drawn to the level of detail and think besides the Class 37 is the most awesome sounding loco in the UK, will have to buy coaches for that though.

The 37's 602 & 609 will now go with my newly purchased Accurascale Nuclear PFA & KUA's along with Bachmann's FNA's and the NR 97301 was the icing on the cake before Xmas, if Accurascale do 97302, 303 & 304 I would also get those as I have the full compliment of NR coaches/vans from Hornby & Bachmann to go with them.

We have been very fortunate to think in advance. To be honest mine are the same, I do run them but they are still pretty much brand new because they have seen extensive use. For what I sold I got around £2000 back so some of that will go on the new Accurascale 37s and Bachmann 20/3s which are scheduled for delivery for September 2020 at the moment. Not sure what I would have done if I hadn't sold some of my stock because with the 20/3s and 37s arriving at around the same time Q3 & Q4 next year would have been extremely expensive had I not thought about it in advance. I did think about buying a rake of the ICAs but again it's just the money so decided against it. I have to say probably 75% of my spending on models next year will go to Accurascale because pretty much their whole range are models that I have wanted for a while. Because 97304 has been produced twice, once by ViTrains and once by Bachmann and 97303 has also been produced by Bachmann, 97302 with it's new nameplates would be a good one for Accurascale to model because neither Bachmann or ViTrains have modelled this one in it's current and most recent guise. I'm thinking the same. I have the original Network Rail generator coach by Bachmann and I bought the two Network Rail MK2fs last month by Hornby so now I have one prototypical or near enough test train but I would like enough coaches to form two or three to give my 37s a larger purpose so hopefully more Network Rail coaching stock will be announced in 2020. 

• Like 1

Just ordered my NR Class 37. (97301)

My bank account and wallet are taking one almighty battering but I am so looking forward to this model being brought to the market. The iconic 37 is one of the best looking locomotives and most enduring. Well done guys on bringing a high fidelity model to the market. Keep up the good work and Happy Christmas.

can we have some matching coaches please !

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Just ordered my NR Class 37.

My bank account and wallet are taking one almighty battering but I am so looking forward to this model being brought to the market. The iconic 37 is one of the best looking locomotives and most enduring. Well done guys on bringing a high fidelity model to the market. Keep up the good work and Happy Christmas.

can we have some matching coaches please !

Very true. The hobby and the market was crying out for a range of modern, newly tooled Class 37s. Imagine this time next year when we may have taken delivery of the first batch of new Accurascale 37s. With the skills, knowledge and intelligence of the staff we are sure to be in for a treat and I think that this project/range will be a massive milestone for the hobby. A new 37 should have been announced years ago because their are so many improvements that could have been made to the older tooled models. Very pleased that Accurascale have made this project theirs because they are sure to capture every detail of each specific loco. 

You say Network Rail coaches? Yes please. Bachmann and Hornby have produced a couple each but yes I agree with all of these new 37s most of which at some stage or another have worked Network Rail test trains surely this could be a project for Accurascale to consider. What do you think Fran? 

I would say their is definitely a market for these coaches to be produced by yourselves as super detailed models. I would definitely have a few. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/12/2019 at 15:20, newbryford said:

Phew.

I did wonder when a yellow one would be announced.

My Bachy 97302/97304 will continue to ply their trade for awhile longer

Cheers,

Mick

But they will now have another yellow partner.

(Xmas pressie to self!)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

Caved over the weekend and placed an order for a sound fitted version.

Would also love 37116 in Transrail too a some point in the future as it was a regular at Warrington like above.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's currently awaiting attention at RVEL Derby, now 425 is nearly ready to go it might be next in line! 

Ah right so it is definitely getting some attention? Somebody (stranger on the internet) told me it would cost way more to spruce up (and so unlikely to happen) than the others due to the ERTMS being different.

I will be pleased if it does get a lick of paint and sent out again.

Edited by TomScrut