2020 predictions?

Mr chapman

1 hour ago, TomE said:

The STD 4 2-6-0 is also not included, so 9 types in total. 

There haven’t been any new versions of any of those classes announced in the past several years however, so to suggest they have been dropped from this years catalogue is a little unfair. It’s not unheard of for Bachmann to rest certain models and we also know the Merchant Navy hung around on the shelves for a long time after release so it’s not a great surprise they’re not rushing to produce more of those.

What is interesting to note is that 7 out of the 9 types not scheduled for re-release are older tender drive models, leaving the J39 as the only one of that type still available. 

Tom. 

Just remember, per the message that was posted by Andy Y, that Bachmann will now be making announcements every 3 months.  The message also hints that the updates later this year will have more stuff (whether re-releases or new tooling unknown) - and needless to say they don't mention anything at all about what scale/product range will be in the updates later this year.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I was hoping for a fresh run of Sealink coaches but now quite frankly all bets are off, it gives the (probably incorrect) appearance that Bachmann aren't overly bothered with the N scale range anymore.  Fortunately I have found a couple of the old production Sealink Mk1's at a decent price and just bought them.

Sealink Mk1s are still widely available as far as I can see. Rails and Kernow at least have them in stock if you need more.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Posted on the N-gauge email group is that EIGHT steam locos have been dropped from the new catalogue-

Std 2-6-4T, Jubilee, Royal Scot, Black 5, B1, A1, A2 and Merchant Navy.

Seems to be an interpretation of increasing product range I hadn't previously encountered......

Many of those weren't represented in last year's catalogue. They can't do everything every year.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Mk2Fs  not on that list, so they are at least 3 months away, even at best.  At least this method of drip feeding announcements should reduce the frustration of not seeing models announced years ago.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Farish deliveries due in the next 3 months from this mornings announcement:

Farish.jpg.6b62266335992b5a1eb133b795003b05.jpg

It'll be interesting to see what is said at tomorrows event. Anyone else going? 

Tom. 

9 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

But what was expected, on the basis of the next three month's delivery schedule it will be existing items due for delivery.

To be fair, the list does include 2 reliveried OO locos, a 2nd run of OO coaches, 5 or so OO wagons, a set of buildings and a shed all not previously announced but nothing so much as a new version of a Mk1 in N

• RMweb Premium

What was the last estimated date given for the Mk2f's?  With the new three month system, there seems to be no way of seeing beyond that to when other items will be arriving. I only want one or two so I am in no rush.