Hornby 2020 range announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, MarkSG said:

When the supermarket chain Morrisons dropped the apostrophe from their name, their justification (apart from simply making it easier for people) was that once it was no longer run solely by its founder, William Morrison, it was no longer Morrison's supermarket but was, instead, a supermarket named after all the members of the Morrison family - that is, the Morrisons. In the same way, Hattons is no longer Norman Hatton's model shop, it's a shop named after the three Hattons who have run it.

In which case we should have Morrisons', Hattons', etc...

• Agree 4

33 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

In which case we should have Morrisons', Hattons', etc...

No, because it's now an organisation that is named after the family rather than being an organisation which is named as if it were the possession of the family.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

...chicken lovingly strangled by trained ex KGB psycopaths and drizzled in sun-drenched tomato juice from Mafia owned Sicilian farms harvested by opium-addictied illegal immigrant children.  This is not just food...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

...chicken lovingly strangled by trained ex KGB psycopaths and drizzled in sun-drenched tomato juice from Mafia owned Sicilian farms harvested by opium-addictied illegal immigrant children.  This is not just food...

Don't forget, the more adjectives you use in the description, the more you can charge for it! :O

• Funny 3

On 01/02/2020 at 12:36, Hilux5972 said:

Well to be fair, their logo doesn’t actually have an apostrophe. 

CBA7F6C4-29AC-41D4-B3D0-3CF9FF608527.jpeg

If the people at Hatton’s think it’s all right to stick a random “s” on, why not stick it on at the beginning instead of the end? It would at least describe what Bachmann did. :jester:

• Funny 12

On 06/01/2020 at 14:32, tgk300 said:

Well, who ever has the job within Hornby that gets to decide on what to release has not done a good job and needs sacking. Some of the stuff is alright, most of it is random "Sugar Honey Ice Tea" that quite frankly knowone wants. There is no new GWR Steam Loco's apart from one Star Class, the Class 20 looks like something you would get for free in a magazine from Lidl and then they are doing stupid things like the Stephensons Rocket Train Pack. I mean, where are the Class 68's, GWR IET's, Castle Set HST's, TPE and Caledonian Mk5's, GA 755's and 745's, Class 70's, full detail Class 20's, Manor Class, a decent GWR Panier tank and also a 3 car SWR Class 159. There are two good models in this years January announcments, and those are the GBRF Class 50's and the GBRF 47's, the rest is junk. If this is the standard are the class of model that Hornby are putting out, no wonder the company is basically bankrupt. They are appealing to the wrong people, old LMS and LNER steam is fine if you like that stuff, but don't forget the superior GWR stuff and of course modern image stuff that Hornby's future customer base are growing up with. Eventually Hornby need to realise that the kids of today don't give a toss about LMS coaches and their numbers, a stupid amount of old wagons and Stephensons Rocket. What they want is modern Sprinter units, pacers, aventras, CAF 195's. 

I am sorry if I come across angry, but I am. 

I'm sure companies the size of Hornby do at least some market research before planning what to make!

Edited by maico
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, maico said:

I'm sure companies the size of Hornby do at least some market research before planning what to make!

I suspect most of us believe that. That ridiculous rant received 27 "funnies" from people who couldn't take the perpetrator seriously, and he has since been banned, I see. 

• Agree 5

On 04/02/2020 at 16:31, Oldddudders said:

I suspect most of us believe that. That ridiculous rant received 27 "funnies" from people who couldn't take the perpetrator seriously, and he has since been banned, I see. 

I learned a long time ago not to feed the trolls and that rant post was probably just bait to get people triggered which I just ignored. Its probably best if rude people like that are not permitted on here because there is no need for that kind of attitude from people like that guy and respect to the mods and staff for dealing with the situation accordingly.

From what I have learned in the past is that Hornby will only make a model if there is a market for it mate and to be honest. I think the 2020 range from Hornby is probably better this time than in other years and I am pleased that Hornby has put a lot of effort and thought into their 2020 range for their 100th anniversary and I have a lot of planning to do to ensure that I can get all those nice models that are coming this year because there is a lot on my wish list ;).

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I learned a long time ago not to feed the trolls and that rant post was probably just bait to get people triggered which I just ignored. Its probably best if rude people like that are not permitted on here because there is no need for that kind of attitude from people like that guy and respect to the mods and staff for dealing with the situation accordingly.

From what I have learned in the past is that Hornby will only make a model if there is a market for it mate and to be honest. I think the 2020 range from Hornby is probably better this time than in other years and I am pleased that Hornby has put a lot of effort and thought into their 2020 range for their 100th anniversary and I have a lot of planning to do to ensure that I can get all those nice models that are coming this year because there is a lot on my wish list ;).

'Tis funny though, isn't it? After all if we all stuck to the narrow plane of events, we would all become pretty boring, pretty quickly. 

Perhaps we ought to invite these people back, from time to time, just to keep the pot boiling.

• Funny 2

14 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Perhaps we ought to invite these people back, from time to time, just to keep the pot boiling.

It would be easy enough to get hold of them, he will no doubt be in his 'safe space' away from all those nasty bullies who didnt agree with him! ;)

1 hour ago, maico said:

I could be wrong, but when the history of the World is written getting banned from a toy train forum is unlikely to feature as a highlight...

I'm not so sure; Some might regard it as a badge of honour !!

• Agree 2