Peco Smart Switch

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Have a read of this topic 

Have you looked at the Peco side mounted point motor? https://peco-uk.com/products/side-mounted-turnout-motor With minor modification they will work with N gauge. 

Thanks, not quite enough room for the side mounted motors. Thanks for the article, look like I'll be looking for a different solution. 

Just to offer an alternative opinion I have used Smartswitch on two exhibition layouts without issue. Contrary to some others I found the system very easy to use and set up. Programming the DCC decoder was simple and reliable. It is, however quite an expensive system. I have also fitted the Megapoints system to a friend's layout. It's also easy to install and set up. Cost wise it compares favourably with other systems when working in DC but could be more expensive in DCC. I haven't actually worked out the price differences per point but I am happy to recommend either system based on my experiences. I'm just about to start wiring a new N gauge layout using the Megapoints system. I've mainly chosen this because of the control panel modules.