73xx Steam Pipes

• RMweb Gold

4A8FDE44-80D0-43E5-8FD8-5B94C7127EBA.jpeg.0f53ec19dc4ecc6249c8f6bafa332136.jpegHopefully a very simple question to answer.

I am in the process of finishing off a model of 7316 in 1947 condition based aroudn a 2nd hand Malcolm Mitchell kit.  Unfortunatly the steam pipes are missing, and now that kit range are unavailable I am unable to go back to the manufaturer to source one.  

Looking at the 247 Developments website, it lists four types of GW steampipe: Long, Medium, Short and King/Castle.  Of course the latter can be discounted, but I am not sure which of the other three I need to order.    Any thoughts?

Edited by The Fatadder

2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

4A8FDE44-80D0-43E5-8FD8-5B94C7127EBA.jpeg.0f53ec19dc4ecc6249c8f6bafa332136.jpegHopefully a very simple question to answer.

I am in the process of finishing off a model of 7316 in 1947 condition based aroudn a 2nd hand Malcolm Mitchell kit.  Unfortunatly the steam pipes are missing, and now that kit range are unavailable I am unable to go back to the manufaturer to source one.  

Looking at the 247 Developments website, it lists four types of GW steampipe: Long, Medium, Short and King/Castle.  Of course the latter can be discounted, but I am not sure which of the other three I need to order.    Any thoughts?

I may have a pair from a Mitchell mogul kit. I will check when I get home after Christmas. 

You could always check the diameter (plenty of sources for that, if you're struggling give em a shout and I'll find it) and make them out of brass pipe. 

BTW, all the parts for the 42xx have now been sourced and having successfully been made redundant on 20/12 I have no reason not to start it - other than finishing a 56, 57 and another Brit!

Happy Christmas mate!

Mike

• Friendly/supportive 2