Question?: Cessna 172 Skyhawk for 3MM Train Set?

Max's Model Railway

Howdy! Hope you all had a Happy Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate but I hope you guys/gals had a good time regardless. I got a TT train set for Christmas this year from the 50s that I will be creating a small Layout for, I wanted to have a Airport... or something that was suggesting an airport with a Cessna 172 on the ramp, Not sure what model would work, But it would be Appreciated! Here is the Train Set. Its the Rare TA Set with the battery controller, Need to get a couple Lantern Batteries for it. The Layout will be set in the 80s or 90s...

B2307B58-130A-4CFA-AD87-A649FBF07362.jpeg.8f795ad39aaadd4879fb88731be57b30.jpeg

9A24C250-2ACE-4B74-9D6D-03D2CC1125FB.jpeg.48e2dbd5442ec93540f412de78966996.jpeg

Edited by Max's Model Railway
Clarification on Question

If you are thinking of an airport then it might be worth seeing if you can find a copy of Issue 9 of Archive. This issue of the transport history journal appeared in 1996 and contains a piece on the earliest history of Gatwick airport and its "beehive" terminal. The "beehive" was Gatwick's passenger terminal from 1936 to 1958 so fits your period. It's also relatively small - about 12" diameter in 3mm scale (it's a circular building) - and like its successor South and North terminals had a connection with a railway station, albeit that the modern Gatwick Airport station is half a mile or so further North.

The Beehive still exists as an office building - not to be confused with the Wetherspoons pub inside the Gatwick terminals that has taken the name - so can be seen in real life, or through the many images posted on the internet. The Archive article has some drawings that could be used to inspire a model.

Guys, I think I found the model I've been looking for! on the notes about the DC-3 I'll be picking one up too

I Just so happened to come across a 1:100 ornament of a Cessna 172 Skyhawk on eBay, wow! thanks for the input 

its appreciated ^_^

1:100 Skyhawk Ornament

Edited by Max's Model Railway
  • Like 1