Model Rail Jan 2020

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

I downloaded my issue to my iPad yesterday via the Pocketmags app.

I recently renewed my Pocketmags subscription (at a bargain price) despite the magazine announcing a Model Rail Rewards Club for subscribers, I managed to find out that subscribers to the digital edition of the magazine were eligible to join too but I somehow doubt that this applies to Pocketmags subscribers. 

It it will be interesting to see whether I have made the right decision regarding the Rewards Club. 

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a pain really. Hopefully sorts itself soon. Bad enough that paper subs get theirs before digital subs when it could very simply be the other way round but there you are. I’ve tried arguing the point before but got nowhere. 

Edited by Hilux5972
Added content

3 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Bad enough that paper subs get theirs before digital subs when it could very simply be the other way round but there you are. I’ve tried arguing the point before but got nowhere. 

I'm not so sure there is any point why one media type should be first. There's no reason why they can't both turn up at the same time. That'd be more equitable. But I'd be happy to wait should there be the occasional delay in the postal system or a glitch in downloading.

I'm generally not that bothered - it'll come when it comes. It's a bit silly though when you get an email a few days before telling you it's available on Dec 26th then isn't there still on 27th... someone obviously forgot to press a button somewhere! 

All the electronic versions should be available on the publication date. The printed copies are subject to the vagaries of the postal and distribution service though the aim is for everyone in Uk to get them by/on publication date. However, if there are any problems, they are unlikely to be rectified during the holiday period (before January 2). (CJL)