10.5 mm 00 gauge curly spoked wheels

I recently bought a mixed lot from eBay, along with some standard gauge 00 gauge items there were a couple of 0-16.5 wagons and and 30 odd axles of 10.5 mm 00 gauge curly spoked wheels.

What uses have they please, are they just for narrow gauge stock or were they used on early wagons ? The axles are 26mm long, 10.5 mm over the treads 11.9 over flanges 

Thanks, that was my guess especially as the lot contained  7mm NGA Ffestiniog slate wagon and a Port Wynnstay Ffestiniog iron coal wagon. Also the main interest for me was a Branchlines  Pug 0-4-0T etched chassis, though I also have a High Level ones from a previous purchase last year. I find buying lots are much better value as the resale of items not required can reduce the cost of the item you are after

Back to the wheels, I have a small but growing selection of 0-16.5 stock. I shall keep a few and sell the others

5 hours ago, hayfield said:

Thanks, that was my guess especially as the lot contained  7mm NGA Ffestiniog slate wagon and a Port Wynnstay Ffestiniog iron coal wagon. Also the main interest for me was a Branchlines  Pug 0-4-0T etched chassis, though I also have a High Level ones from a previous purchase last year. I find buying lots are much better value as the resale of items not required can reduce the cost of the item you are after

Back to the wheels, I have a small but growing selection of 0-16.5 stock. I shall keep a few and sell the others

It may pay to check the axle lengths on these as some of my kits use  24.5mm long axles rather than 26mm long and I think the FR Iron Coal wagon is one of these, so you may have a couple of rogues amongst the 10.5 diameter ones. I'm away from home for a few days at the moment so can't check.

Phil T.

Port Wynnstay Models

• Thanks 1