Nottingham MRS Spring Show 14 & 15 March 2020

doctor quinn

Hi Everyone and a Happy New Year, here are the full details for the Nottingham Spring Show 2020

Nottingham MRS Spring Show 

Saturday & Sunday 14 & 15 March 2020

Organiser: Nottingham MRS

Venue: Highbank Community Centre, Farnborough Road, Clifton, Nottingham NG11 9DG.

Open:

Sat 10:00 – 17:00

Sun 10:00 – 16:00

Admission: adults £4, children £1

Venue amenities: refreshments, level access throughout,

How to get there

Public transport - Nottingham Express Tram (NET) to Holy Trinity tram stop

By Car – M1 Jct. 24, use A453 to Clifton. There is some on-street parking or use the free parking at Clifton NET Park and Ride which signed from the A453 (Satnav NG11 8BF). NET offers a £1 Clifton Shopper ticket for the tram from here to the venue tram stop.

Features: 9 layouts including the return of the iconic Deepcar, trade stands and hands on demonstration.

Layouts

Deepcar - Nottingham MRS'S Iconic OO Scale Woodhead Layout Featuring Kitbuilt 1500v DC Electric Locomotives and Scratchbuilt Overhead Electrification.

Ryburgh - Nick Palette OO Scale. East Anglian Branchline Set in the Steam to Diesel Transition Era.

Wouldham's Chalk Pit - Graham Clark - O Scale. 1970s Industrial Steam Set in Essex

Splott – Paul Spencer - P4. South Wales steel in the 1980s https://splott4mm.wordpress.com/

Albion Estate Railway- Bill Bateson Gn15. Lincolnshire Potato Railway Set in the 1950s

Antwerpse Viskaai - Dave Paylor - HO Scale. Featuring Belgian Freight Operations in the 1990's in Antwerp Docks

Blue Heron Paper - Andy Gautrey HO Scale. Nocturnal Switching Operations in the Pacific Northwest of the USA

Tamaro - N Scale Set in the Italian Speaking Part of Switzerland

Cwm Hapus  - Nottingham MRS OO9. Welsh narrow gauge

Demonstrations

“Getting Started” – the NMRS team show how they recreated part of Nottingham in miniature

Creating Model Buildings and the Miniature Landscape” – David Wright from Dovedale Models will be showing his techniques for modelling the natural and built environment using readily available materials https://www.dovedalemodels.co.uk/

Trade stands

Anoraks Anonymous https://anoraksanonymous.weebly.com/

TTC diecast https://www.ttcdiecast.com/

Booklaw https://www.booklaw.co.uk/shop/index.php

Sherwood Models http://www.sherwoodmodels.co.uk/prestashop/

Model Power Depot

Mount Tabor Models http://www.mount-tabor-models.co.uk/

Further information: www.nottingham-modelrailway.org.uk

or find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/NottinghamMRS

All the best

Nick

Poster 2020 v1.3.pdf

Edited by doctor quinn
Add layout

59 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Are we going back to the future then, says 2019  in the first post on my magical picture machine!

Mike.

As long as your De Lorean travels forward in time as the same speed as the rest of us! :D (Now edited)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Will Trent Lane Junction be viewable?

Mike.

Unfortunately not Mike as we wouldn't have space. However you will be able to see TLJ at an event on Easter Saturday in Netherfield, Nottingham to make 50 years since Colwick shed closed

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, doctor quinn said:

Unfortunately not Mike as we wouldn't have space. However you will be able to see TLJ at an event on Easter Saturday in Netherfield, Nottingham to make 50 years since Colwick shed closed

Thanks for the information.

I was thinking of coming over around that weekend and combining the show with family visits etc, and TLJ would have killed two birds with one stone. Regrettably Easter weekend gets very expensive flightwise, so I shall keep my powder dry until next year maybe?

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Heron is also available in colour, and will be making its debut testing the new variable height support.

It is also part of the Nottingham exhibition's "Have a go" theme where visitors can act as the Engineer or Switchman to solve the Inglenook puzzle.

IMG_20200124_225147~2.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, It's now less than 3 weeks to our Spring Show and here's a selection of shots of our club layout, Deepcar that will exhibited at the show in calssis Rail Blue era

1367194556_DeepcarShowPic4.jpg.d5a62bdb99c87c37cf2781428d39a6e8.jpg

Tony Wright courtesy BRM

560283937_DeepcarShowPic3.jpg.506d9bb602b28c5dd9ded046a2bf7654.jpg

Tony Wright courtesy BRM

392084893_DeepcarShowPic1.jpg.16367c00456c66c8fc0fcd43431ac52e.jpg

Hayden Reed

Edited by doctor quinn
Photo credits
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

It's now just a week to our Spring Show and we have an update of how to get to us,

How to get there

Public transport 

Tram - Nottingham Express Tram (NET) to Holy Trinity tram stop

Bus - NCT Number 48 from Beastmarket Hill or the Railway Station to Holy Trinity

By Car

M1 Jct. 24, use A453 to Clifton. There is some on-street parking or use the free parking at Clifton NET Park and Ride which signed from the A453 (Satnav NG11 8BF).

NET offers a £1 Clifton Shopper ticket for the tram from here to the venue tram stop.

There are roadworks on the A52 Ring Road at Clifton Bridge and we recommend any visitor driving from the City direction to use Trent Bridge and then Wilford Lane or use Lady Bay Bridge and the A52 Ring Road to reach the A453.

3 hours ago, great central said:

Also for the benefit of the older visitors, that includes me by the way although should be behind Deepcar at least some of the time, I don't think out of town bus passes are valid on the tram.

Nottinghamshire ones are fine.

Correct = "Only Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire County Council issued passes are valid for free travel on trams. Pass holders from other council areas need to purchase a concession return tram ticket from the tram stop ticket machines" https://www.thetram.net/concessionary-pass.aspx

• Informative/Useful 1

Our Exhibition Manager Graham Clark has been preparing his new layout "Wouldham's Chalk Pit" for its debut at our show. Industrial O gauge featuring "modern" (post '68) steam - come and see it this weekend.

20200311_182749.jpg

Edited by doctor quinn
  • Like 3

UPDATE - Tamaro, the N gauge layout based on the Italian/Swiss border, will not be coming as its owner, Hugh Griffiths, is ill. Fortunately, it isn't the dreaded virus, though it is very timely given that Italy has closed its borders! We wish Hugh all the best for a speedy recovery and will try and book Tamaro for 2021.

LATEST NEWS

The show is still on (though, as stated in last post, minus one layout) and we look forward to meeting you at the show. However, if you think you might have the virus (ie. you have a cough or a temperature), please DON'T COME and risk spreading it. We will be holding another show here next year and would love to have you there then.

For those of you who don't have symptoms, the show goes on! 

just got home from setting up the show. We spent some time doing repairs to the OLE on Deepcar. While doing this I realised that our model OLE has not been up 4 years longer than the real thing was!

1 hour ago, GWC1 said:

just got home from setting up the show. We spent some time doing repairs to the OLE on Deepcar. While doing this I realised that our model OLE has not been up 4 years longer than the real thing was!

???

Surely you mean it has? The layout was 'strung' in 1990-91, the real Deepcar was energised in 1954 and decommissioned in 1981 along with the rest of the route, apart from the Manchester-Hadfield section.

Edited by great central
Add last sentence
  • Agree 1

sorry about my post with the spurious 'not' in it. I seemed to be plagued by auto correct!

Just back from the first day of our Nottingham show. It went very well. I had plenty of willing volunteers wishing to have a go at shunting the train or digging the chalk and loading it on my chalk pit layout. An interesting thing about inviting visitors to operate your layout is that you can get to sit and watch the layout while they do the work!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GWC1 said:

sorry about my post with the spurious 'not' in it. I seemed to be plagued by auto correct!

Just back from the first day of our Nottingham show. It went very well. I had plenty of willing volunteers wishing to have a go at shunting the train or digging the chalk and loading it on my chalk pit layout. An interesting thing about inviting visitors to operate your layout is that you can get to sit and watch the layout while they do the work!

And great fun it was too! Thank you. Have spent this evening trying to decide on how I can fit a working digger into my embryonic layout or whether I need to build a separate industrial layout...

33D63F29-BDB0-4EC4-BA0B-41AC3ED84628.jpeg

CAAB37A3-9096-4F52-B39B-B028DB6E9249.jpeg