Questions about PMs

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mods and Admins,

This is not urgent but I'm curious to understand a couple of things about Private Messages:

When you look at a PM thread you sometimes see the message, "XYZ has left the conversation", at the top. What does that mean? What did XYZ do at his end? Is it permanent or could they rejoin the conversation later? Will they receive notifications of my replies or am I just talking to thin air ???

If I try to PM the same person as above, starting a new conversation, and get the message, "XYZ is unable to receive messages", what does that mean?

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 28/12/2019 at 09:24, Harlequin said:

Hi Mods and Admins,

This is not urgent but I'm curious to understand a couple of things about Private Messages:

When you look at a PM thread you sometimes see the message, "XYZ has left the conversation", at the top. What does that mean? What did XYZ do at his end? Is it permanent or could they rejoin the conversation later? Will they receive notifications of my replies or am I just talking to thin air ???

If I try to PM the same person as above, starting a new conversation, and get the message, "XYZ is unable to receive messages", what does that mean?

Thanks,

Any answer to this, I would like to know too?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stu,

It is specifically this: "XYZ has left the conversation" that we would like to know about.  It does tend to suggest a snub when you get one; the other party wants the coversation to end?