Loco/Triplet Coach Kit Building. In at the Deep End

richard.h

21 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Very nice, only spoilt by the shiny brass screws, a bit of gun blue will get rid of that.

What's next on the agenda?

I'm waiting for parts to detail the roof and also some sprung buffers, the buffers supplied with the kit are just whitemetal castings which by today's standards look  coarse.

You mention gun blue I think I have seen this also recommended for painting the brass wiring when constructing signals, is there a proprietary brand available that I could buy when next visiting the UK.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, richard.h said:

I'm waiting for parts to detail the roof and also some sprung buffers, the buffers supplied with the kit are just whitemetal castings which by today's standards look  coarse.

You mention gun blue I think I have seen this also recommended for painting the brass wiring when constructing signals, is there a proprietary brand available that I could buy when next visiting the UK.

Birchwood Casey is the manufacturer of Gun Blue. There are two types, but I have only ever used the one for steel, which seems to work ok on brass and nickel silver. You may be able to get it in Spain or a similar product from a gun shop, I assume that shot guns are available over there.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Triplet Set on running trials around the layout.

18993932_IMG_3099(2).JPG.0b27a53af1895afac8bb3e0de9d1cb1a.JPG

The roofs are not glued on yet as more passengers are due to arrive soon.

1707599721_IMG_3103(2).JPG.b2009d6bf13faed8f4714d7adb21f5b4.JPG

Clearances between the coaches are quite tight on the sharpest curves but they don't touch partly helped I think by the use of corridor connections

• Like 3