Portable Modellers Briefcase help

As I travel a little and stay overnight I thought that some sort of small briefcase that would contain all my modelling paints, files, scalpels etc would be handy and I could chuck it in the back of the car and have it ready for use whenever I have an hour or 2 to spare. But I'm finding difficulty in finding anything suitable, which surprised me. I figured there would be a few options out there.

This is kinda what I'm thinking about:

536411685_ModellersDesk1ModelMaq.JPG.4767e04d1b8597cb13e00c72b9860402.JPG

This was by a Spanish company but they don't seem to exist any more.

579713103_ModellersDesk2DIY.JPG.744476ca79ab6ad347f7dfcf48e7265e.JPG

This is a DIY solution, and looks almost perfect for my use.

804406364_ModellersDesk3DIY.JPG.dd258d0f7dc6ff71238273d7d71214ca.JPG

This has good points and bad points for me. Would need additions to make it transportable.

Does anyone on the forum know of similar products available off-the-shelf? The middle one is my preferred solution.

Thanks

D

• RMweb Premium

Have you looked at artist's boxes? This one just from top of Google.

https://theartshopskipton.co.uk/loxley-langsett-wooden-pastel-box-4-tray?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIttGWvdXc5gIVzLHtCh0mhgFCEAQYBCABEgKdevD_BwE

Tool type boxes etc often come up second hand in random places too which is where I have gotten a number of mine before. For instance toolmakers cabinets don't go for much second hand as there are loads of them in circulation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=toolmakers+cabinet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-m

They were often made as apprentice pieces though so just make sure you get one from someone who was nearer the top than the bottom of the class!

• Thanks 1