City Of Truro

That's very nice 3d design work. The tapered boiler and firebox is a quite subtle shape and not easy to get right. Is it the angle of view - the firebox sides should taper back inward toward the cab? That took me a whie to realise, should have noted the shape of the RTR locos I have. (I had a go making a no.2 boiler for converting a Bachmann Dukedog to a Bulldog.)

What scale is it going to be printed at? I do wonder whether some of the small details, the handrails for instance will print?

Edited by The Great Bear

Hi Great Bear,

Thanks for your comments, The Firebox is tapered. I think its the poor Render Angle. I must admit it took 9 hours just to get the boiler right using the original GWR drawings.

I am interested in large scale so I will be printing in 0 gauge and 3.5" The model has a shell of a thickness of around  10mm on which will allow me to plastic weld the parts / slices. Also I have very large 3d Printers including the XYZ Super.

Thanks   

• Like 1

There are a few things that just don’t look right I am afraid the most obvious is that the boiler and firebox look completely wrong, the boiler does not taper from the smoke box but is parallel for a bit before it starts to taper. There are no spare lamp irons on the drivers side only the fireman’s side and these are side facing ground rather than the way you have drawn them.