Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

British Railway Modelling Awards for 2019

AY Mod

• Moderators

A BRMA title is something which many of the manufacturers and retailers hope to pick up each year as recognition from the wider modelling community for their efforts. They don’t necessarily design or produce to win an award but it’s funny how many people are interested to see how they’ve performed when the results are due out and we even saw the logo and gold medal on a further issue of a manufacturer’s product during this year. 

All manufacturers who have released any ready-to-run products between the 1st January and the 31st December each year automatically have the products, and themselves, added to the voting list in the relevant categories for N, OO and O gauge locomotives and rolling stock. The voting will open at beginning of January but before that comes the nominations stage, a bit like the Oscars do it.

This year’s entries will see some interesting trends with possibly fewer locomotives but more passenger and freight rolling stock in the equation, new manufacturer names rising up and even possibly some upsets in a few categories. 

The poll is open until 26th January 2020. When the voting is complete in the New Year we check all the results and publish full results showing just how many people voted for every entry making the BRMA the most transparent and valued of awards when the results are announced at the end of the winter.

Select your favourite item from each category, you do not have to vote in all categories. There is only one vote permitted per person.

Vote here

• Like 3

Voting done, its New Year so we're all done with the celebrations.

A little disappointed the good Captain's latest layout didn't make the final list, come on guys where were the nominations,  he doesn't do many but when he does we're never let down.

Anyway The Depots was there so I picked that instead.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

@AY Mod Happy New Year. Have I misunderstood something or did you forget Hornby on this one? 

Happy New Year to you too. A slip corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Andy,

Just a query, there seems to be only Hornby coaches in the 00 guage coaching stock section. Also, the diesel loco selection is tick boxes, not select one.

Brandon.

2020-01-02.png.710f4cc85cf1ef7fa9d295fc826d3e9d.png

Edited by BJMorley
photo too large.

• RMweb Premium

On 31/12/2019 at 09:55, AY Mod said:

All manufacturers who have released any ready-to-run products between the 1st January and the 31st December each year automatically have the products, and themselves, added to the voting list in the relevant categories for N, OO and O gauge locomotives and rolling stock.

Why is RevolutioN Trains not listed as an option for N Gauge Manufacturer of the year or Rolling stock model of the year? They released their KFA models just before christmas so should be included automatically,

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Steven B said:

Why is RevolutioN Trains not listed as an option for N Gauge Manufacturer of the year or Rolling stock model of the year? They released their KFA models just before christmas so should be included automatically,

I did not see any reference to them being made available before Xmas. I saw a lot of other new releases but not that. It'll have to carry forward into 2020.

• RMweb Gold

Lovely to see Jamie ( SouthernRegionSteam ) nominated. 

A very talented and inspiring modeller. 

Rob 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, Onehalfpint13 said:

why isnt slaters plastikar don this list i would like to vote for them ?

It's only products released in 2019 that qualify. Nominations for other categories such as Innovations or Customer Service were open in December and closed before the actual poll.

• RMweb Gold
On 07/01/2020 at 06:09, NHY 581 said:

Lovely to see Jamie ( SouthernRegionSteam ) nominated. 

A very talented and inspiring modeller. 

You are very kind, thank you, Rob!
It was a total surprise when I found out, and I feel very honoured to even be nominated; especially in a list of what are some very experienced and skillful modellers. Thank you to those who nominated, and have voted for me; it really is appreciated.