1950 BR Blue steam

Hi im having a little bit of difficulty finding someone who is happy/prepared to take on a relivery of a Steam loco, I can find several for diesel/electric/rolling stock but not a steam loco.

Basically im looking to get my 2001 P2 Cock O the North reliveried into the gorgeous blue of the 1950s BR era it would also need renumbering to 60501. Can you guys recommend anyone? 

Thanks 

• RMweb Gold

Prospective people who might undertake your request may be hesitant and question your reasoning in repainting a locomotive which was rebuilt as  an A2/2 Pacific well before Nationalisation; it's your model and you can represent it as you wish.

For the record and authenticity, Hornby's future offerings include a Thompson A2/2 which at some point might well be released in BR blue.

Edited by Right Away

Funnily enough I'm in the process of doing just this, but need some lining transfers to finish! Not a lot of help I'm afraid as I wouldn't wish or feel confident in doing work for someone else.

The reason for posting is that you might consider whether the numbering would have been the same if the locos had survived unrebuilt into the BR era. Others on here have done Brunswick green resprays and gone for 606xx. I guess it depends on whether you think there would have been a set of Pacifics with 6' 2'' wheels in any case, even if the P2's had been retained. If so and these took 605xx then the P2's would quite likely have been in another sequence, because of the different wheel arrangement.

I'd question if the ACFI apparatus (seen on the Proscale model above) would have remained into the BR era as it had been found to be of little benefit and removed in LNER days. You could also consider whether the cab side would have retained the low cutout at the back behind the windows, or had this raised.

John.