O Gauge People?

Hi,

What are my options for good quality o gauge people?

Preiser have the quality, but seem old fashioned and hideously expensive in O gauge !!

Is there a place I can look at where there is a better balance of cost and quality of sculpt?

I'm wanting modern people as I'm looking to build an up to date preserved railway layout.

Thanks.

Yes, check the site.  I recently got an elderly man and woman sitting and younger one standing.  Not sure what "on mass" means.  I'm of the belief that station platforms on some layouts are way too crowded, so a small number of people goes a long way.  Besides, the figures have to be painted which takes time and effort.

John

By 'on mass', I just mean generic people doing station things, like waiting, sitting, messing about etc.

My layout will be modern day preserved, so I'll want a fair few figures. Otherwise I'll have to model a wet Wednesday morning on a working day, that maybe a little dull ;-)

I've had a look at the ModelU sit and to be honest, I can't really work it out. I'll give them a ring soon and ask about O gauge figures.

Thanks for the help.

Don't forget to keep an eye open on eBay, I bought 30 odd Phoenix figures for around £1 each, once I sold the items I did not want they were even cheaper. They were misdescribed, photos were out of focus and in the wrong section. I took a gamble on a lot described as H0, some of the figures were still in packets on top of each other and when compared to the Airfix kits in the photo were definitely much bigger than 00/H0, also I thought Phoenix were only 7mm figures. Needless to say the gamble paid off

23.jpg.e501e6f5b5503875ae5a7fb673573990.jpg

Sorry about the photo but only a thumb nail photo left on eBay, £27.89 but I paid £10 postage on top (which may have put bidders off) and described as  Job lot of H0

• Like 1

Pheonix made some 00 figures that were modern in the 80,s. I think I did BR station people ,maintenance types ( based at  Crown point  Norwich) ,some general figures and a track crew They came in sets from memory but had a small base  on eacih figure which was a mistake I think .S&D make them now .I also  have done some 0 gauge for Dart Castings but no modern I can remember .

Edited by friscopete

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2020 at 11:51, swiftbeam said:

Thank you guys, I'll be going to the Bristol O gauge show later this month, so will hopefully get a chance to see some of these figures 'in person' so to speak.

Hi, if you're coming to Bristol, pop in to the Love Lane layout to say hi.

I'll either be on the layout or near to the Scale7 test track... not that its much of a test track, its just a few loops.

JB.