Midford Goods Yard Crane

Hi all,

Feeling somewhat guilty over dismantling my OO Gauge Wellow layout, I was thinking of a simple S&DJR inglenook-type layout that could be easily stored and moved about. However, I have now 'moved-up' to O Gauge and cannot find a suitable off-the-shelf yard crane, Peco/Ratio do a similar one to my enclosed pic (from Mike Arlett's 'The S&D at Midford') but only for oo gauge. It may be that I buy from the Peco range (but it doesn't look like the real one), or scratch build. If the latter has anyone any idea where I could source the various wheels etc?

Thanks,

Richard

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0761.jpeg

Edited by RTJ
2 pics enclosed - for some reason!

The Ratio crane in 00 gauge looks perfect, really annoying they dont do it in 0 gauge.

I have the opposite problem, been looking for S&D style water columns in 00, plenty about in 0, i cant find any in 00. Not to mention tablet catchers.

Scratch build it will have to be.

down the sdjr said:- ".......I have the opposite problem, been looking for S&D style water columns in 00, plenty about in 0, i cant find any in 00. Not to mention tablet catchers.

Scratch build it will have to be....."

Mike's Models do/did some S&DJR platform and floor mounted weather columns in white metal. Holt Models in Swansea sell/did sell them.

Edited by geoffers
Suspect I may have bowled a googly here. No web presence for Holt Model Railways now. Apparently Mike's Models white model kits do still occasionally show up on e-bay..
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 02/01/2020 at 20:05, geoffers said:

down the sdjr said:- ".......I have the opposite problem, been looking for S&D style water columns in 00, plenty about in 0, i cant find any in 00. Not to mention tablet catchers.

Scratch build it will have to be....."

Mike's Models do/did some S&DJR platform and floor mounted weather columns in white metal. Holt Models in Swansea sell/did sell them.

I managed to get 2 off a well known auction site. They look so old and nice im not sure i want to open them. I saw Mike Sharman passed away last year, so sad.

IMG_20200515_145816.jpg

• Like 3