Privett Green

Andrew P

Before taking the Dog for a walk, and settling down for Lunch, and then probably a knap, I cut out a section of the Baseboard and Facia in order to fit the Controller.

It has a 6 pin Male / Female plug so that it ban be removed for Transport etc.

The 6 pins are;

2 =Track,

2 = 12V DC = Signals,

2 = 16V AC = Points.

IMG_0721.JPG.e780453c225ccccb7918e8da3c8a2768.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG.cc06411449c3aecd48b5fa8109a23879.JPG

It will either be hidden as a Building or a scenic mound later.

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Are you going to build a roundy roundy which goes through different time periods?

And two or maybe 3 Gauges? haha.:o

Na, might do another West Shed at some point.:)

But all that is for another Day, and Abode,:scenic: I need to work out some new ideas on here first, and then get it finished.:bye:

• Like 3

Had a nice little running session this morning, and worked out what needs doing next. I now need to work out the Switch Panel, and then start on some Scenics.

More progress reports soon.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Had a nice little running session this morning, and worked out what needs doing next. I now need to work out the Switch Panel, and then start on some Scenics.

More progress reports soon.

Thats not your way of saying "add more track" is it Andy? :)

Interesting to hear/see your going DC for this one ... thats the plan for my new 2mm layout for a change, only with the aim of using some MERG control boards into the bargain....

Rich

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Thats not your way of saying "add more track" is it Andy? :)

Interesting to hear/see your going DC for this one ... thats the plan for my new 2mm layout for a change, only with the aim of using some MERG control boards into the bargain....

Rich

Yes Rich, Good old fashioned DC for this one mate, as I nearly always seem to do major damage to Steam Locos when taking them apart to fit Chips.

BUT,,,,,,,Never say never, If I get to do a Roundy one day, I might change my mind, haha.

As for MERG, I've seen it, but never got my head around it, what it does or why, so I'll stay in the Dark Ages. :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Yes Rich, Good old fashioned DC for this one mate, as I nearly always seem to do major damage to Steam Locos when taking them apart to fit Chips.

BUT,,,,,,,Never say never, If I get to do a Roundy one day, I might change my mind, haha.

As for MERG, I've seen it, but never got my head around it, what it does or why, so I'll stay in the Dark Ages. :)

Well I know you love your electronics and spending hours arranging wires into nice neat bundles not like these other fellas that 'bodge' things :P ... so..... MERG is the Model Electronics Railway Group, its all down to doing things with electronics and building printed circuit boards to do different things ... in my case I am looking at an updated form of automated block control on DC.  But then I am one of these odd chaps that likes electronics. I may not know much, but I enjoy it .... well, when it finally works!  

I decided that trying to fit DCC sound to 2mm locos was going to require far more patience and time and the speakers may possibly not sound fantastic at the end of things - especially compared to the O gauge models.  So if I was just going to fit DCC chips for motor control, what actually was the point?  Hence my move back to DC.

I am sure you'll find a way of getting that roundy roundy.  Any interested parties in the house at all .. or has Christmas zapped anyones interest in moving?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Well I know you love your electronics and spending hours arranging wires into nice neat bundles not like these other fellas that 'bodge' things :P ... so..... MERG is the Model Electronics Railway Group, its all down to doing things with electronics and building printed circuit boards to do different things ... in my case I am looking at an updated form of automated block control on DC.  But then I am one of these odd chaps that likes electronics. I may not know much, but I enjoy it .... well, when it finally works!  

I decided that trying to fit DCC sound to 2mm locos was going to require far more patience and time and the speakers may possibly not sound fantastic at the end of things - especially compared to the O gauge models.  So if I was just going to fit DCC chips for motor control, what actually was the point?  Hence my move back to DC.

I am sure you'll find a way of getting that roundy roundy.  Any interested parties in the house at all .. or has Christmas zapped anyones interest in moving?

No movement on the Selling front yet mate, what with Christmas and New Year, but come Easter we should get some movement, I hope.

• Friendly/supportive 1

This morning I've masked up the Point Blades and the Platforms etc. As my Air Brush is down Souf, I've used a Brown Rattle Can for the first coat, this will help the Acrylic paint to stick to the Rail Sides. Next using pots of Tamyia Acrylic Matt Black, Brown and light Grey mixed in uneven quantities, I almost Dry Brushed over the top and then using a tissue wiped off the excess to show the wood grain of the Sleepers. I also ensured that there was more Black around the Points and areas where Locos would stand.

Still loads to do, but it's coming on nicely now.

DSCF4086.JPG.488eac992048a65a7261cf0a09835a8f.JPG

DSCF4087.JPG.d37ae56b6e27ca7052a8292393f1ac88.JPG

DSCF4088.JPG.af4712d4276637411206291f731ed8ee.JPG

• Like 13

A couple of little jobs completed this morning.

The first, although photographed last was the building, painting and fitting of the Buffers. I've used 4 of the Bullhead Buffers, as I think that look so much better than a standard Peco one, although there is a Peco on in the Bay Platform with a Bullhead cross beam as you get both an EM and OO Cross Beam in the kit.

DSCF4096.JPG.22fab27498009239ccb14a5ddf358e44.JPG

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Lovely ballasting Andy - looks a treat.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, That was before I attacked it with the water Spray Gun and the PVA, I'll have a better idea what it looks like in the morning once it's dry, I hope it stays fairly neat, and quite light.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DanielB said:

I'd be careful about buying granular substances in unmarked bags if I were you, Andy!

Cracking progress on the layout, pal!

Cheers Daniel, Unfortunately I worded that bit badly. When I said un marked, it was just that the cardboard bag sealer / label had gone off the top, I think it is either early Woodlands Scenics, or Greenscene. I used the same around the Fuelling Point on Argyle Street, and it's worked fine on there.

Thanks for your concern mate.:good:

• Funny 1

18 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

With being such a prolific railway builder I'm surprised the wood merchants and model shops down south are not falling over themselves to offer you free accommodation.:jester:

Yeah, I wish Mick, one of those BIG Houses on top of Portsdown Hill, over looking the Solent and Isle of Wid git and at least a 40ft x 40 room with a view for my Train Sets.

Wife can have a Lounge as well if she wants.:)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So, after a fairly busy day I decided to have a quick look outside in TOPS to see how the Ballast had dried.

NOTE = At this stage I still haven't cleaned off the Sleeper tops and hoovered, but it ain't to bad so far.

Also ignore the LINK wire in the first two pics, that will come out once the Section Switches are fitted.

DSCF4097.JPG.de37c6880a8d4a13f288563e9239b6a5.JPG

DSCF4099.JPG.db7fbff6d368825555b98c1268297d47.JPG

DSCF4100.JPG.2442926a15ebb365b1003d5826a48495.JPG

DSCF4101.JPG.4bcb9ac5e21016fd4d20ea63d1d32562.JPG

• Like 12