Privett Green

Andrew P

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

All looks great Andy, I'll agree with the comment about the Thumper, it does look good. There's one on my local heritage line and I always think about building a small station and getting the model every time I see it.

Catfield looks very good as well, are there any more pics of it anywhere? :)

Hi Steve, I used to see a lot of Thumpers at my Local Stations around Portsmouth and at Fareham with Portsmouth Services going to Southampton, Botley, Romsey and Salisbury. They were in plain Blue in 77, but I remember them well.

As for pics of Nicks Layout, the answer is not to my knowledge, he hasn't stated a thread on here as far as I know, but when I speak to him next, I'll ask if he intends to start one. Here is a couple of pic's of another one of Nick's many 5ft 6 inch Layouts, Heath Green, in 3rd Rail Southern Region.

He has produced Exhibition Layouts in Southern, Midland, Western, East German, Dutch, and American in HO and O Gauge.

757420653_HeathGreen1.jpg.90d4e6e77596c1f196cac29631c5e1bb.jpg

1046942899_HeathGreen2.jpg.2832da0f650a8c55e4e5fc4dad5806fe.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

9 hours ago, Bogie said:

Catfield does look nice.

Without wishing to hijack Andy's thread, here are a couple more pictures of Catsfield (note correct spelling Andy! ;)).

I really must get round to putting a thread up myself...

20191031_082406a.jpg

layout 2.jpg

Edited by Northpoint
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

10 minutes ago, Northpoint said:

Without wishing to hijack Andy's thread, here are a couple more pictures of Catsfield (note correct spelling Andy! ;)).

20191031_082406a.jpg

layout 2.jpg

Thanks Nick, The more the merrier, and of any of your others, or links to Threads, I don't mind which mate.:good:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Bogie said:

Went straight to the last post on the thread and started to scroll up and saw the last of the photos first and thought "My God he's quick and he has bought another loco".

Then I scrolled up further and realised you are just human after all.

Catfield does look nice.

As Spock on Star Trek would say "Its life Jim but not as we know it". 

• Funny 6

On 17/01/2020 at 08:27, Bogie said:

Went straight to the last post on the thread and started to scroll up and saw the last of the photos first and thought "My God he's quick and he has bought another loco".

Then I scrolled up further and realised you are just human after all.

Catfield does look nice.

Hi Bogie, Sorry I missed your post yesterday, I am Human, although my Wife says I don't always smell like a Human, but that's another story.

Work on PG may grind to a halt, or at the very least slow down somewhat, as some news today could change things.

Thanks for looking in mate.

On 17/01/2020 at 19:38, Clive Mortimore said:

As Spock on Star Trek would say "Its life Jim but not as we know it". 

Thanks for highlighting Bogies Post from yesterday as I completely missed it, it must be my age, haha.

I'm not a Trekie but life is certainly not as we know it.

Back to Railways, and I was over at Jeff / Binnys last night to take some pics of his Burton North Layout, so here is a couple to share with you all.

DSCF4301.JPG.543c372fb6d4b58ca1cb43d2541f1ec6.JPG

DSCF4297.JPG.840992ffe4614944cde9bdc6886dc23c.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

On 18/01/2020 at 09:44, Rowsley17D said:

Wishing you all the best for some good news on the home front, Andy.

Thanks Jonathan, and sorry for the very late reply.

No real movement on the Sale or Purchase at the moment, but there have been other developments that I'll reveal later, in the meantime, work on PG has ground to an untimely halt. Don't panic, it's not dead, but some changes have had to be made, and I'm still working on how to deal with that side of things.

In the meantime, I have been running Argyle Street and Seven Mills, so still lots to enjoy in TOPS.

• Friendly/supportive 4

Jeff / Binny has agreed to me to putting a few more pics of his superb Burton North Layout on here for your enjoyment.

DSCF4295.JPG.d8ccdcea050e61b580fe127c899c8abe.JPG

And on the top of the Viaduct you can see Wagons on the Hi Level Line.

DSCF4317.JPG.314961a0289b58786f54fa9628e101bb.JPG

DSCF4321.JPG.f47332696bcadab6945b0086d90ef0f4.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi all, Last Sunday I said that there were some changes coming, well basically I will have a bit less storage room for my Stock etc down Souf until I get a Shed or whatever finished.

So with that in mind, I have reduced the size of PG to make it easier to move and store.

I still have almost the same workings in the Terminus, but I've shortened the Platform and done away with the Bay.

The Coal Yard will probably now go at the back kicking off from the Platform Road, and leaving the frontage for the Goods Yard and cottage that I have coming.

The Basic board is still 5ft 6 inches, but with a clip on extension of 20 inches for the Fiddle Yard Tracks. The reason for this new length is that is now fits along one wall with Argyle Street and looks neater.

Here are some pics from yesterday and todays work so far.

IMG_0722.JPG.258a296a3f8c263a337caac8d717f604.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG.3fd92a27f41cc088b4764baaa1b18620.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG.1d4e8eb073cd9c083c2f1a6e812aa6a8.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG.47509a3988b1b267a9a9f64b78a49661.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
On 17/01/2020 at 17:41, Northpoint said:

Hi Nick, yes you really should get round to a thread! Some superb modelling there. Im not particularly a Southern fan but a really nice layout that deserves to be seen more.

On 19/01/2020 at 21:00, Andrew P said:

Jeff / Binny has agreed to me to putting a few more pics of his superb Burton North Layout on here for your enjoyment.

Hi Andy,

Just catching up on a few posts .. I saw the Burton North pictures and thought my god, Privett Green has changed out of all recognition ... that Andy 'Speedy' Peters has been at it again, only this time he's been keeping us in the dark for 72 hours until it was finished :) Then I scrolled back a bit and realised it was Burton North. What a stunning creation, full marks to Jeff for what he has achieved there - another one that needs a thread!

On 18/01/2020 at 09:38, Andrew P said:

Work on PG may grind to a halt, or at the very least slow down somewhat, as some news today could change things.

One hopes its good news for you Andy.  Keep up the good work, shame that PG has had to be reduced, but in all things, reality comes into play sometimes!

Rich

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So with that in mind, I have reduced the size of PG to make it easier to move and store.

If this means you intend to keep PG after the move, have you considered what you might want to change? The storage yard at 20 inches won't allow you to operate 3-car (DMUs) and Bachmann have their new Class 117 coming out in a few months or so. I quite like the trackless bay platform as a BR economy measure, so perhaps keep that and even have rusty track still in place where it fits as a "how it was" effect. You could even have a rail vehicle, even a loco, there as a preservation society project until after the move and you decide whether to reinstate the bay.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

If this means you intend to keep PG after the move, have you considered what you might want to change? The storage yard at 20 inches won't allow you to operate 3-car (DMUs) and Bachmann have their new Class 117 coming out in a few months or so. I quite like the trackless bay platform as a BR economy measure, so perhaps keep that and even have rusty track still in place where it fits as a "how it was" effect. You could even have a rail vehicle, even a loco, there as a preservation society project until after the move and you decide whether to reinstate the bay.

Thanks Brushman, Some nice ideas to take on board.

I have left the total length of the back scene in place, and the Fiddle Yard Tracks are removeable so that once moved, if I have room to revert to the original Plan of a ''U'' shape, or even an ''L'' it will only be a matter of replacing the 20 inch board back with the previous boards.

The other option will be that I can replace the 20 inch board with one of enough length to run a 3 Car Unit or even a Loco and 3 Coaches maybe.

Loads of ideas, but at least this will be running in the meantime, and plenty of time to get thinking once we find somewhere.:good:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Does this mean you know where you are moving to now?

Not quite, but NONE of the 3 properties on the short list have a Garage or suitable Shed, so it will be a case of starting from Ground Zero with a new build. With that in mind, one place is confined to a small area, due to a small Garden and Drain covers etc. so I might need to go square rather than long, and the other two will need some looking at other than just on the internet, so, once Sold we will take a run down and do a physical viewing of all 3 if their still available.

• Friendly/supportive 7