After much lurking, but lack of mojo, it has taken me a while to take the plunge and add my efforts onto here. This is my third attempt to get going and clearance has been obtained from the ‘Long Haired General’ to setup in my office.

Didantet is made up from my wife’s name Diane, my son’s name Dan & my daughters name Collette (Tet).

The focus will be the North, with appearances from Northern local services with TransPennine, Virgin East & West Coast, and a myriad of freight services.

My aim is to have a tail-chasing layout where I can watch trains run by as I add to the scenery.

My inspiration come from what I frequently see on the real railway as I travel, or have travelled, to my works office locations in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Reading.

There will be a run through 4 platform station that will also serve as a Bus/Rail interchange with the vision taken from where I used to live in Bolton. It is all being scratch built, with the idea is that it will turn into a winter scene over time.

IMG_2331.jpg.ad260e7694de609fc54ae77207cfcb62.jpg

• Like 5

Ballasting of the holding sidings completed and the platforms beginning to take shape

Initial_Platform.jpg

• Like 6

Good start!

Are you going to complete these three boards to scenic level before constructing the others?

Hi, 

I am completing the scenic boards as I go along, but I already have all the parts completed to make the full circuit.

They are Tim Horn kits, the straights are 4' x 18" with the curves having a centre radius of 30", they will fill the room when all fully assembled.

I have been adding a retaining wall along the long platform and the beginning of the railway part of the interchange.

Retaining Wall.jpg

• Like 2

The base of the bus part of the interchange has now been constructed, there will be 5 stands with a car-park underneath and a footbridge linking to the railway station. It's made out of 3mm ply with a trim from B&Q for the wall. 

Interchange Base.jpg

Interchange Base 2.JPG

• Like 3

I’ve had a couple of weeks off work due to stress & depression, so as a bit of therapy I was instructed by my good lady wife to spend some time on my layout. Things are starting to come together and begin to look what I had envisaged. Below is the car park under the interchange, it’ll be fully loaded with vehicles eventually.

And the bus station and the footbridge across to the rail station with the sort of traction that will be running.

LNER HSTs, Northern DMUs, Trans Pennine express (awaiting the Mk5s) and a GBRf 66 (66756 - Royal Corps of Signals), my old corps that I spent 18 years serving in.

Regards

Karl

58CDB567-35D8-40AD-8DE1-F2116A518DE6.jpeg

23DC7696-98D8-468F-856F-9602004FA951.jpeg

BBC4CCCF-8764-4C66-8682-99E0409DFE9E.jpeg

• Like 7

Looking good, Karl.  Sorry to here about your depression; I am a fellow sufferer and have found my layout immensely therapeutic.  Your good lady wife is clearly a huge support. 

• Thanks 1

I'm liking the look of this I shall be following with great interest.

I'm also ex Royal Corps of Signals of 12years but only as a reservist so I may also have to purchase a model of 66756.

Sorry to hear of your depression,model railways can be a great healer.

Keep up the great work Cirta Cito  

Cheers

Colin

• Thanks 1