The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1, 2020

Andrew P

Saw an interview with Danny Ricc earlier on (sorry, can't find it again now), where he said his plan for the first race when F1 finally restarts is to start at the back of the grid, because everyone else will have forgotten how to race and will collide at the first corner ;-)

• Like 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

I see that nice Dr Marko had suggested a get-together for all Red Bull's drivers, including those in junior formulae, so Covid-19 could pass among all of them and they would acquire immunity at a time when being a bit off-colour would not matter because there is no track action. As fit young men they would not be at real risk. Fortunately the idea was not well-received and will not be enacted. Bit of a one-eyed suggestion there, Helmut!

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Do you really believe it was contracted on a market stall? I don't.

If it was created in a lab by accident (which I suspect was more likely) wouldn't you cover it up by suppressing this?

And allegedly the Lab animal sold to the Market if reports are to be believed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Do you really believe it was contracted on a market stall? I don't.

If it was created in a lab by accident (which I suspect was more likely) wouldn't you cover it up by suppressing this?

I honestly have no idea, I find trying to find the truth quite anxiety ridden so sometimes ignorance is bliss, however had I been involved in it's creation I personally would be screaming from the rooftop what I F-up I'd made & would be doing everything I could to stop it, but that's just me, but I know the size of my & don't need to get into waving contests.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

I see that nice Dr Marko had suggested a get-together for all Red Bull's drivers, including those in junior formulae, so Covid-19 could pass among all of them and they would acquire immunity at a time when being a bit off-colour would not matter because there is no track action. As fit young men they would not be at real risk. Fortunately the idea was not well-received and will not be enacted. Bit of a one-eyed suggestion there, Helmut!

I'll be looking for a second opinion Herr Doktor.

So in his twisted nutcase world, what would be the benefit of that anyway? His commodities won't croak before their contract is up?

They still can't drive if there's no race. Fool.

C6T. 

• Agree 4

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I thought F1 drivers were self employed & not actual employees

9 hours ago, newbryford said:

I wonder if Premier League footballers will do the same...………?

Not a cat's chance, they will continue to screw as much money out of the clubs that they can, they haven't the intelligence to see they are likely to kill the golden goose

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

At least one footballer was in the press last week because his club sent him a temporary pay cut contract via WhatsApp during the evening, wanting it back by lunchtime the next day. He has other contracts with his agent and needed time to work out the full implications of signing...and was dismissed for not meeting the random deadline.....strange times all round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

At least one footballer was in the press last week because his club sent him a temporary pay cut contract via WhatsApp during the evening, wanting it back by lunchtime the next day. He has other contracts with his agent and needed time to work out the full implications of signing...and was dismissed for not meeting the random deadline.....strange times all round.

They sent him a contract via whatsapp? That's a bizarre way to do business.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

Assuming they still exist in 2021!

And that assumes they have a market. With financial meltdown a real possibility for so many, buying luxury cars may be a more occasional hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2