Site will not select products !

Brum my rlb

Purchased William Stanier , Birmingham and Hamilton . Very pleased apart from what I would describe as being ridiculously prone to the slightest track imperfection . Drops the sound for fun . 
That aside , I recently purchased Bradford on e bay . Picture of box only - I was horrified to find that the loco’s colour was awful . Nearer pink than red . How can Hornby do this after all the trumpet blowing Re getting the greens AND reds right at last ? 
Has anyone any explanation ? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Brum my rlb said:

Maybe you can explain the relevance of the topic title and I really hope you've not landed here to fire off poorly-aimed rants.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Brum my rlb said:

Purchased William Stanier , Birmingham and Hamilton . Very pleased apart from what I would describe as being ridiculously prone to the slightest track imperfection . Drops the sound for fun . 
That aside, I recently purchased Bradford on e bay. Picture of box only - I was horrified to find that the loco’s colour was awful . Nearer pink than red . How can Hornby do this after all the trumpet blowing Re getting the greens AND reds right at last ? 

The explanation would seem to be that you need better laid track and not to buy something based on a picture of a box. :-)

Why does your question not bear any resemblance to the title of the thread and why have you posted in the Model Shop Guide rather that in the Hornby section, which would surely have been more appropriate.  Do you have an explanation?

If you're not happy with your purchase then you either have to return it for a refund, sell it on or weather it to suit your taste.  Is the colour really that bad if you weather it to the sort of in traffic look that many steam locomotives carried in BR days?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

The explanation would seem to be that you need better laid track and not to buy something based on a picture of a box. :-)

Why does your question not bear any resemblance to the title of the thread and why have you posted in the Model Shop Guide rather that in the Hornby section, which would surely have been more appropriate.  Do you have an explanation?

If you're not happy with your purchase then you either have to return it for a refund, sell it on or weather it to suit your taste.  Is the colour really that bad if you weather it to the sort of in traffic look that many steam locomotives carried in BR days?

Its likely that this thread title comes from Brum my rlb having difficulty in posting in the correct section of the forum and that explains why it appeared in the wrong section.

As to the compliant that a recent purchase doesn't match existing models in Brum my rlb's collection, we need photos to make an informed judgement - though as you say its a bad idea to purchase anything based on only the box illustration.

• RMweb Gold
On 01/01/2020 at 22:19, phil-b259 said:

Its likely that this thread title comes from Brum my rlb having difficulty in posting in the correct section of the forum and that explains why it appeared in the wrong section.

Except that the, somewhat incoherent, thread text has no relation to the thread title, which would remain the case whatever section in which the thread was posted.

Darius

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Ok I'm thinking that the OP wanted to complain about his Hornby product, went into the trade and products zone and for some reason the Site wouldn't let him select products / Hornby, so he went into the next section down, model shops to make his post ?  Sort of makes sense,   ISH

To the OP  (Original Poster). . .I would suggest you would be far better to drop Hornby an email with your complaint/rant where it might be seen by them ?, rather than in a random spot on RMWeb.

It's Probably NOT a good idea to come in and make your first post a random  rant about a manufacturer/ Ebay purchase, in the wrong area, as all this has done is bring you under AY's beady eye.  He will be adding you to his 'troublesome truck ' list and his size eleven boot will be twitching :rolleyes:

I would suggest popping into the new members  topic and say Hi, tell us a bit about yourself, and what your modelling interests are. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Mattc6911 said:

Ok I'm thinking that the OP wanted to complain about his Hornby product, went into the trade and products zone and for some reason the Site wouldn't let him select products / Hornby, so he went into the next section down, model shops to make his post ?  Sort of makes sense,   ISH

To the OP  (Original Poster). . .I would suggest you would be far better to drop Hornby an email with your complaint/rant where it might be seen by them ?, rather than in a random spot on RMWeb.

It's Probably NOT a good idea to come in and make your first post a random  rant about a manufacturer/ Ebay purchase, in the wrong area, as all this has done is bring you under AY's beady eye.  He will be adding you to his 'troublesome truck ' list and his size eleven boot will be twitching :rolleyes:

I would suggest popping into the new members  topic and say Hi, tell us a bit about yourself, and what your modelling interests are. 

Sound advice - but the OP hasn’t visited since his original impenetrable post. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Sound advice - but the OP hasn’t visited since his original impenetrable post. 

Then in that case, I hope AY deletes the whole lot, as the OP is a bit bonkers IMHO.

• Agree 2