Can anyone make me a custom transfer with the british steel emblem

Can anyone help me make a transfer? I've no artwork at all & wouldn't know where to start drawing one. I'm currently making a hunslet shunter from Scunthorpe & I need its cabside bsc emblem & some text as per the prototype.

I've tried the usual places & I've been asked for vectored artwork which again I have no idea what that is. 

Can anyone help?

Vector artwork is created in design software such as Adobe Illustrator. It is not pixel based so can be scaled to any size whilst remaining pin sharp.

Reproducing the logo without permission is a breech of copyright, even on a model, so that's your call.

Presumably you have all the necessary reference materials to create the vector artwork from. If not, that's the first thing you need to do. Depending on who you choose to finally print the decals and the system they use will have a bearing on exactly how they want the artwork set up. No two suppliers that I've used have the same technical requirements.

Edited by Anglian

• RMweb Premium

I've already drawn this on the GA in the kit, vector drawing just means a CAD based format. I can send it to you in whatever format your printers can use, from what I know .eps might be the easiest, it's what we use to get our etch files plotted.

31 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

I've already drawn this on the GA in the kit, vector drawing just means a CAD based format. I can send it to you in whatever format your printers can use, from what I know .eps might be the easiest, it's what we use to get our etch files plotted.

Cheers Michael 

I will have a word with Steve Bell to see what formats best for him & get back to you.

On 01/01/2020 at 21:45, Anglian said:

Vector artwork is created in design software such as Adobe Illustrator. It is not pixel based so can be scaled to any size whilst remaining pin sharp.

Reproducing the logo without permission is a breech of copyright, even on a model, so that's your call.

Presumably you have all the necessary reference materials to create the vector artwork from. If not, that's the first thing you need to do. Depending on who you choose to finally print the decals and the system they use will have a bearing on exactly how they want the artwork set up. No two suppliers that I've used have the same technical requirements.

think you will find for your own model the fair use clause comes into play if its not used for gain