Duplicate please ignore/delete Signalling a small French layout

This query relates to a layout build recently started elsewhere on the forum:

This is based on a small ex-Midi secondary line in the 1950s. A year ago I knew nothing about French signalling, now I know a bit more - I'm not sure whether that is a good thing!

There are some articles on the internet including a Wikipedia page, and the current issue of the FRS magazine has a useful summary of the principles. There is also a Signalling Paper (No.13) available from the Signalling Record Society. So I reviewed those, hummed and haaaad quite a bit, and came up with the following plan:

IMG_3741.JPG.725df4d822e9de703a7ffb342287396b.JPG

Some context:

Running line top left to bottom right, only half the station is on-scene, platform lines are bidirectional.

Short sidings lower left, industrial siding along the back.

Level crossing left of the station (oblique, the industrial siding then runs along the road).

I determined that I didn't need any station signals for the other direction because it's all off-scene. Also, any 'disques rouges' or 'sémaphores' would be some distance away, also off scene. 

So I think I only need carrés for the two platform roads, protecting both the loop closure and (?) the level crossing. To be more interesting they could also carry 'avertissements' assuming there is a trailing junction or block boundary somewhere off to the left. And then two carrés violets at the exits from the sidings to protect the running lines. There would be no trap points but I should include some representation of 'derailleurs'.

How am I doing? Have I missed anything, e.g. fixed downward chevron sign on the approach to the station (or would that be further out); or another carré close to the level crossing coming from the left? I also assume no signal box, on scene at least, but maybe a ground frame on the platform and a diligent chef de gare!

Hopefully there's someone out there who knows a lot more about this than me!

The actual signals would come from http://www.rotomagus.com/html/train/page carre po.htm , or at least when they reopen for business in a few days.

• 10800 changed the title to Duplicate please ignore/delete Signalling a small French layout