Peco/Parkside transfers (decals) ???

george stein

Following the recent acquisition of Parkside.Dundas OO scale wagons, Peco are offering some kits with wheels, bearings and transfers.  Peco website doesn't seem to identify the decals included although I suspect they are the mostly BR-era transfers developed by Modelmaster.   So, does anyone know what the P/P decals are and, also, what wheels (12mm?) are being supplied.

Writing from the USA so can't pop into local shop to check.

George

North Carolina

• RMweb Premium

The only Peco-Parkside kit I have (LNER horsebox) comes with Alan Gibson wheels #, and transfers * for LNER and BR livery.

# - of the correct 14mm size for this model.

* - that's deecals to you  ;-) .

• RMweb Premium

Are Modelmaster still making waterside transfers though?  In the typically muddled contradictorary emails that are randomly sent out by Modelmaster, the latest message seemed to be that the production of waterslide transfers was being scrapped?

1 minute ago, John M Upton said:

Are Modelmaster still making waterside transfers though?  In the typically muddled contradictorary emails that are randomly sent out by Modelmaster, the latest message seemed to be that the production of waterslide transfers was being scrapped?

Yes, for now.

I doubt that he will scrap the transfers being supplied to Peco immediately. But if you are desperate for any of the others then I would get them whilst available. Especially for ones that don't have an alternative available from the other manufacturers.

https://modelmaster.uk/

Jason

If you go on the Modelmaster website you’ll find the decal sets that are supplied with the Peco Parkside kits. The decals clearly have ‘Parkside Models by PECO’ along the top and ‘Waterslide transfers made in the U.K. for PECO by MODELMASTER.UK’ along the bottom. Just find the set that matches the Parkside kit and that will be the one included.

You can order the decals for the kits directly from Modelmaster but they’re a bit behind with orders as Jim Grindlay injured his thumb last year and then was rear ended in his car in December. They’re a ‘mom & pop’ type of operation so your order will be fulfilled, but not quickly.

I have no links to Modelmaster other than a very satisfied repeat customer. Other decal manufacturers produce decals that can be used on some of the Peco Parkside as well.

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased two kits a PC81 O11/O15 which comes with Western Region transfers only, the other kit was a PC85 X7 Mica B which comes with both BR and GWR markings, mind you there are 2 different numbers for the GWR livery. 

As to the scrapping of production of waterslide decals maybe they are dropping their range and focusing on supplying PECO transfers for the Parkside models, given they have a captive market of sorts they might be focusing their efforts on what is pretty much a guaranteed sale rather than sitting on stock and waiting for it to move.

• RMweb Premium

Although all new Peco/Parkside kits now come with decals many are still on the shelves from previous production runs without them. Peco do sell the transfers alone, details are on their website, and my nearest local model shop ( the very helpful John Dutfield’s), ordered in some for me from them.

Izzy

The LMS brake van I recently bought came with BR M-region transfers, and a suggestion in the notes of where to buy LMS transfers from. The PO wagons I bought had BR P-number transfers.

Both came with 00 Alan Gibson wheels - I bought mine from H&A models who were happy to replace them, free of charge, with EM Alan Gibson wheels.

• 11 months later...