Kernow: Great service!

steve1

PRA and Turbot ordered yesterday morning for standard delivery.

This was handed. to me by the postie today.

Now that's what I call service!

Well done Kernow and the GPO.

steve

IMG_1849.JPG

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Just adding a nod to Sam@KMRC. In the current trying retail environment, I placed a web order for a carriage and received the standard acknowledgment email. 

On reflection, I decided that I wanted three more, so I replied to that email to enquire whether the order could be amended. Despite an automated response that my enquiry would be dealt with within 48 hours, Sam got back to me within one hour to say that the order would be updated, but requesting clarification of my card details. 

I responded, and received an automated response that it would be dealt with within 48 hours!...Followed shortly by another informing me that the order had been packed and given to Royal Mail. 

thank you, Sam!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Another heads up for excellent service from KMRC.

Ordered a number of items online yesterday morning from the sale section. Some very good offers so well worth a look. 

My parcel was sent from Cambourne yesterday and arrived in West Yorkshire this morning. 

Excellent service from the KMRC team and Royal Mail. 

Cheers, 

Mark

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

And another big thankyou to KMRC.  I am in sheltered isolation owing to underlying health issues.  This has prompted me to finish my exhibition layout.  I ordered 3 bullhead points and a box of track last week and realised that the Camborne shop had no stock.  As Peco have closed, I thought that I would be out of isolation before they arrived.

Well the team organised for stock from the Guildford shop to be despatched to me and the parcel arrived this morning.  Said parcel has been wiped down and is in ‘isolation ‘ in my railway shed.

Fantastic service from a hard-working dedicated team.

Andrew

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Yet another big thank you to Kernow for the swift processing and delivery of my two Peco SL-E199 3 way turnouts which arrived this morning.  That’s the easy bit, now just got to figure out how to wire them up for DCC. :o:o:o

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/01/2020 at 11:38, steve1 said:

PRA and Turbot ordered yesterday morning for standard delivery.

This was handed. to me by the postie today.

Now that's what I call service!

Well done Kernow and the GPO.

steve

The concept of delivery has two parts. No matter how quickly Kernow process the order, they are still reliant on what you refer to as the GPO.

My understanding is that in many cases there may be a six day delay in the GPO.

Other couriers vary in their response and aptitude.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 28/03/2020 at 12:28, mevaman1 said:

And another big thankyou to KMRC.  I am in sheltered isolation owing to underlying health issues.  This has prompted me to finish my exhibition layout.  I ordered 3 bullhead points and a box of track last week and realised that the Camborne shop had no stock.  As Peco have closed, I thought that I would be out of isolation before they arrived.

Well the team organised for stock from the Guildford shop to be despatched to me and the parcel arrived this morning.  Said parcel has been wiped down and is in ‘isolation ‘ in my railway shed.

Fantastic service from a hard-working dedicated team.

Andrew

Must agree with this. Ordered what appeared to be, at the time, one of the very few O Gauge right-hand Peco points a few weeks ago.

After a few days, sent an email to query delivery time and got a very quick response.  They said then, that they were having to send a vehicle over to their Guildford Shop, from Cornwall, to transfer stock.

Wasn’t aware of this situation, so very good service indeed.

• 10 months later...

Was trying to figure out the best place to put this, but I recently made my first purchase from Kernow. Was very happy with how well packed it was, arrived safe and sound across the Atlantic to me in Toronto. Always nervy moments whenever I shop from a new to me store for international shipping on how good a job they do packing and posting. Just felt it was worth noting for other international shoppers out there.

Cheers,

Stephen

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Due to Covid, I hadn't visited Kernow in more than two years, but despite that and wearing a mask I was recognised! In fact, all three members of staff were at one point engaged in helping fulfil my order. Still the same Aladdin's cave feeling. Camborne is a long way from most of the UK, but if you are in Cornwall it is worth your while visiting. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 7 months later...

On holiday at moment and managed to make a detour through Guildford to get breakfast - “oh look Kernow have a shop here “ I says in faked surprise 😀. Managed to get half an hour to myself to wander down to the shop - nice wee shop 10 mins walk from town centre. Good selection on display and lots of locos in glass cases for viewing. The two guys on the counter were really friendly and chatty. I’m a frequent KMRC mail order customer but nice to call into the shop and meet some of the staff in person. And I didn’t leave empty handed although I had to be selective as the boot of our car has been struggling to close… (I have 2 teenage daughters who are, believe it or not, “travelling light”)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Great Service. Placed an order mid-afternoon yesterday & delivered by APC this morning. First time I have purchased from Kernow but will continue to do so in future particularly as their website is one of the easiest to negotiate.

David

• Like 7

• 7 months later...

I too have had nothing but top service from Kernow, but I wonder if I can ask a question of those associated with the shop; why do you not offer payment via PayPal or Klarna or similar? From a selfish point of view, I currently prefer to pay in no interest instalments and was wondering if that was something you could introduce if the future?

• RMweb Premium

I also love Kernow. If I'm going near Guildford I'll often ask them to hold the items in stock for me to collect.

They also are swift & very good on price/tracking.

Their bargains section is often great too!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got a consignment from Kernow this morning, one of their weekend £49.99 loco offers.

An interesting approach to packaging, a good stout box, the stuffing inside was screwed up pages from a last year "Continental Modeller".  I unravelled them but they were very dull, no articles, just advert pages from the back.....

• 5 months later...

This seemed like the most logical place to post it, but visited Kernow in Guildford yesterday in person for the first time, being an online purchaser obviously from Canada. I have to say, the staff were friendly and helpful. As always, sometimes I think modellers in the UK don’t know how good they have it with stores that are so well stocked. I know I had to fight the urge to buy a lot more than I did to bring home with me.

While it could be many years before I’m back shopping in person, it’s nice to see the actual shop while I’m over here on vacation.

Cheers

Stephen

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1