Walschaerts Valve Gear

Tony Clout

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, rogerzilla said:

I think it's weird how the level of the coal in the tender never goes down, however far you run the loco.

Oh come on Rog, have you not yet fitted that little 3D printed device from Selftrimming Tenders Ltd? Cracking device.

Ar$£

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Barry Ten said:

Mr Clout's only managed two posts, and both of them are whinges. Is this some kind of record? Speaking for myself, I shall be writing to my

MP about the appalling state of Hornby's moulded coal.

It must be 'slow news week'. Somewhere in the distant lands of BRM-Shire, 2 figures are hunched over the keyboard....

"Look here! No-ones's thrown the teddy out of the pram for at least 48 hours!" Quick! write another inflammatory article!"

"I know, we can't use the old 'Brunswick Green' article for another 10 weeks"

(Puts phone down) "There's a complete news embargo at Hornby until the 6th January! Damn!" We'll just have to sweat it out".

And so, the taller chap, and his slightly shorter companion, settled down to writing the article about tartan paint, and wondered if there is a pattern emerging......

Names have been invented to protect the not-so- innocent....

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Oh come on Rog, have you not yet fitted that little 3D printed device from Selftrimming Tenders Ltd? Cracking device.

Ar$£

Märklin makes a H0 locomotive (Art.-Nr.: 39008) with this option (no joke!): Simulated coal consumption, visually visible on the control units and actually on the lowering coal pile in the tender. 

Regards

Fred

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

13 hours ago, Barry Ten said:

Speaking for myself, I shall be writing to my

MP about the appalling state of Hornby's moulded coal.

Don't waste your time. I've already done that. I also took the opportunity to complain about the paint used on Bachmann head and tail lamps.

The reply I received only said, "not everything in life is simply black & white!"

P

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

I find the use of the word 'eccentric' in outside Walschaerts gear is very misleading. These are not eccentrics but cranks! Eccentrics are used in Walschaerts inside valve gear.

According to my wife, we railway modellers are all eccentrics but some of us are also cranks! :derisive:

Edited by Kylestrome
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, sncf231e said:

Märklin makes a H0 locomotive (Art.-Nr.: 39008) with this option (no joke!): Simulated coal consumption, visually visible on the control units and actually on the lowering coal pile in the tender. 

Regards

Fred

Damn Europeans...…………………….:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Mr chapman said:

Who's joking! 

I'm impressed, take back what I said, but unnecessary, I'd need a bloody magnifying glass to see it, it'd be lost having to look across a few feet at an exhibition!!!:sungum: