Glasgow Queen Street

David Bell

12 minutes ago, Legend said:

Happy New Year David .  Thanks for the inspiration on this thread and on your Swiss pics 

And to you. All the best for 2021. I have still to find the other photocard with another pile of Swiss photos which will resurrect that thread when I find it!

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 21:00, David Bell said:

Thanks Jools,

Rather frustratingly I have not touched GQS in two months, been too busy working. Hopefuly i will have more time in the New Year.

David

Here's hoping you get to nudge Queen Street along this year and get to have some fun from the project.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brylonscamel said:

Here's hoping you get to nudge Queen Street along this year and get to have some fun from the project.

I am sure I will find the time. I have been in semi retirement for the best part of 10 years and now find myself working 50 hours a week. How did that happen? It will quieter down eventually.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

17 hours ago, brylonscamel said:

OK! - 50 hour weeks do not suggest semi-retirement - even amongst the most Calvanist folk.

I count myself lucky in these times that I have plenty work to do. Modelling time will return in due course.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

Very nice, David.

I've also seen images of Cl26 on the QoS between Waverley and QGS.

Best

Scott.

Yes it’s in a Bradford Barton book “Diesels on the Scottish Region” D5316 April 1962 , but I don’t think it was that rare . There’s another pic elsewhere in book . Also a class 40 on the Queen of Scots , leaving from what I know of as platform 2 , and another of a 40 on the QoS through Polmont 

Incidentally , maybe of help, I understand that Silver Fox are bringing out kits , and later perhaps,  finished models of Edinburgh to Glasgow Swindon sets . I was in touch with them before Christmas , when over on the Stranraer Harbour thread , the gent there had got a 126 kit from them . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yes it’s in a Bradford Barton book “Diesels on the Scottish Region” D5316 April 1962 , but I don’t think it was that rare . There’s another pic elsewhere in book . Also a class 40 on the Queen of Scots , leaving from what I know of as platform 2 , and another of a 40 on the QoS through Polmont 

Incidentally , maybe of help, I understand that Silver Fox are bringing out kits , and later perhaps,  finished models of Edinburgh to Glasgow Swindon sets . I was in touch with them before Christmas , when over on the Stranraer Harbour thread , the gent there had got a 126 kit from them . 

I am sure I have that book somewhere. I will go searching!

Thanks for the advice 're the Swindon sets. I really have to have a couple of them

Cheers

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, David Bell said:

I am sure I have that book somewhere. I will go searching!

Thanks for the advice 're the Swindon sets. I really have to have a couple of them

Cheers

David

Yep thought that might be useful 

• 2 weeks later...

The GQS roster continues to grow. The latest addition is this Class 27. This is straight out the box. I think the weathering is pretty good. An ideal loco for WHL services. It will represent a late sixties train very well with a rake of maroon mk1s including one blue grey coach. That is a look I particularly like. Regular visitors here will know I have a particular soft spot for 27's!  

20210122_075953.jpg

• Like 6

On 13/01/2021 at 13:42, Legend said:

I have indeed- a very nice kit!  I have Replica coach bodies to use and absolutely no spare time atm to actually build it!  

Worth contacting Silver Fox and Replica if you need parts etc :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, David Bell said:

The GQS roster continues to grow. The latest addition is this Class 27. This is straight out the box. I think the weathering is pretty good. An ideal loco for WHL services. It will represent a late sixties train very well with a rake of maroon mk1s including one blue grey coach. That is a look I particularly like. Regular visitors here will know I have a particular soft spot for 27's!  

20210122_075953.jpg

Did 5380 run in Scotland in that livery?  It was transferred from the LMR in November 1969.  Don't think I have seen a photo of it north of the border in that livery.  No doubt someone will have one!

Jim

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Did 5380 run in Scotland in that livery?  It was transferred from the LMR in November 1969.  Don't think I have seen a photo of it north of the border in that livery.  No doubt someone will have one!

Jim

Like you Jim I did have a look around the internet and the only picture I could find was on Flickr and it was 27024 painted in what I believe is a fictitious livery but in fairness I think the livery suits the loco. Photo By John Webb

CR 27024

Jim

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Jim

Hi Jim,

Have not seen a picture of it in Scotland with that livery yet! I have found it pictured in Leicester in August 1969 still in that livery so only 3 months before transfer. More research required!

Cheers

David

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jcarta said:

Like you Jim I did have a look around the internet and the only picture I could find was on Flickr and it was 27024 painted in what I believe is a fictitious livery but in fairness I think the livery suits the loco. Photo By John Webb

CR 27024

Jim

Looks like Brechin?

• Agree 1

My thoughts have turned to producing an N15. I will need one or two of these as bankers. V1's and BR 4MT 2-6-4T's were used for this purpose but the N15 is the obvious choice. I have an Oxford N7 which could be a reasonable chassis and  J83 which could be bashed into a reasonable body, with much work! We will see how it goes

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ben Alder said:

I haven't spoken to Jim recently but it seems progress is ongoing with his project on NB locos.

https://modelmaster.uk/4mm-pre-nationalisation-railway-locos/28566-mmr001-ex-lner-nbr-class-n15-0-6-2t-resin-loco-body-2500-deposit.html

Thanks for that. I put a deposit down on one of these about this time last year. I feel I need 2 N15s so I will use it for the second one.

On 22/01/2021 at 18:42, David Bell said:

Hi Jim,

Have not seen a picture of it in Scotland with that livery yet! I have found it pictured in Leicester in August 1969 still in that livery so only 3 months before transfer. More research required!

Cheers

David

You could always renumber it D5382 , picture of it at Stranraer in this livery 1968 on Flickr

• Like 2