Glasgow Queen Street

David Bell

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, 65288_62C said:

If you go to the Heljan Class 27 thread, on Page 5, there is an entry by BrushVeteran dated 22/12/2018 in which he posts three photographs of 5380 in this livery.  The lower photograph depicts a very filthy 5380 with a horizontal line along the body which suggests the locomotive is still in 2 tone green.  The shed in this view looks decidedly Scottish and, although I am unable to definitively identify the location, it looks remarkably like Eastfield prior to reconstruction.

Good find . There's an entry later on  on that page that says the picture is Polmadie. Looking at On Shed 5: Scottish Region , from the roof design it does indeed look like Polmadie.  So that would prove it was in two tone green with full yellow ends in 1971. I reckon you are safe to run it , if not Rule 1 should apply as its a nice loco to run 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I was scouring the world wide web today and found this, so it confirms that this livery was utilised, photographed at Leicester. I still think the livery suits the class.

D5380 Leicester August 69 Slide 894

Photo by Grahame Weston 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, David Bell said:

I really must stop going on the internet! Either that or i need to develop more willpower.

Latest addition to the fleet is this black 08, joining the green one that I have had for a while.

I like the base for photographing the locos!

2 minutes ago, David Bell said:

It does, I adjusted the colour slightly to suit my printer and cropped it a little top and bottom too.

It is almost the right size for the layout!

That's an idea - I could use it as a backdrop when I get to the point of photographing the painted models  for you ..

• Agree 1

Absolutely nothing to do with GQS but this wee loco arrived today. It is a Rapido 16xx pannier, no 1649, one of two that operated on the Dornoch branch in the late fifties. I live a few hundred yards from the route of the branch and walk on it often. If the line was still in operation I would be watching trains from my house. So i have made up a typical train of the line in its last days. A future layout perhaps?!!

20210213_131328.jpg

20210213_131246.jpg

• Like 7

On 08/02/2021 at 13:02, brylonscamel said:

That's an idea - I could use it as a backdrop when I get to the point of photographing the painted models  for you ..

I suspect that will work well. I could not resist printing your artwork out and attaching it to the roof mock up. You are almost spot on!

Cheers

David

20210216_152728.jpg

• Like 7

The work being done by Brian on the buildings has shown that my ramp is slightly too steep. It is reasonably easy to fix. I will lay another road on top of the one I have done and reset the ramp. It is not as bad as it sounds because most of the street is on the extension board that can simply be raised to suit. Just a new pavement and the cobbles up to the edge of the tram track need to be repaid.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Brian at Braeside Models has finished the first building for GQS and he has made a stellar job of it. He is hiding his light just a little. He did not put these photos on his thread.

I am looking forward to seeing the model in due course and setting it up on the layout (once I have adjusted the ramp!)

Cheers

David

GQS model 026.jpg

GQS model 027.jpg

Oh my. Wow! Wow wow and wow again. That looks absolutely stunning David. You must be thrilled to bits. Hats off to Brian, what a skilled modeller. I’m really looking forward to seeing this on your layout. Have you managed to find time to progress your overall roof? 

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, mallaig1983 said:

Oh my. Wow! Wow wow and wow again. That looks absolutely stunning David. You must be thrilled to bits. Hats off to Brian, what a skilled modeller. I’m really looking forward to seeing this on your layout. Have you managed to find time to progress your overall roof? 

Absolutely thrilled. I could never turn out work of this quality. 

No progress on the roof i am afraid. Work has been absolutely manic the last six months.

Who would have known working from home could be this busy?!

• Like 1