Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

5 hours ago, RyanN91 said:

5 car pack now listed for December 2021.

7 car pack now listed for January 2022.

Coach packs listed for October 2021. 

Thanks for the info.
I can see that causing some problems. As many model shops dont know if they are getting there full amount.  So you get your add on coaches but find out in late 2021 or early 2022 you dont get main part of the set. 
I will be asking for the shop to keep it as one sale. Ie no 7 car set then no add on coaches .

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

They have unique couplings so not unless you bodge something up lol. 

They are also articulated, so each coach will only have a bogie at one end!

Andi

• RMweb Premium

Yeah very much got the impression they were close with the Chester set being air freight and the others following by sea. A quirk of the Hornby website is that when on the thumbnail view it states Winter 21/22 but when you click through to the product page it's expected winter 2022 (to my mind that reads the end of next year though I'm sure it's as stated above!)

• RMweb Gold

Hello,  I've been away a long time (dissolving a marriage, moving house, etc - don't worry, definitely for the best) and the search hasn't pulled up my answer - without reading through this 52 page thread.

Have these been delivered yet? 

I ordered a set and a coach from one of the online shops but it cancelled for no apparent reason, though some of the order was fulfilled.  I'd still like a set but I gather they are now sold out.  This pre-order thing doesn't seem to work very well and I have had a few similar experiences.

Thanks

8 hours ago, E100 said:

Yeah very much got the impression they were close with the Chester set being air freight and the others following by sea. A quirk of the Hornby website is that when on the thumbnail view it states Winter 21/22 but when you click through to the product page it's expected winter 2022 (to my mind that reads the end of next year though I'm sure it's as stated above!)

For Hornby Winter 2022 is the start of the year. 

5 hours ago, daveyb said:

Have these been delivered yet? 

I ordered a set and a coach from one of the online shops but it cancelled for no apparent reason, though some of the order was fulfilled.  I'd still like a set but I gather they are now sold out.  This pre-order thing doesn't seem to work very well and I have had a few similar experiences.

Thanks

This last page has info on delivery. 

Seems like you got affected by the new Hornby retailer Tier system by having your order cancelled

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Markwj said:

I wonder if there is a shipping rather than a production issue.

As widely reported, there are worldwide problems with shortages of containers and capacity on ships so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hornby were impacted by that.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 06/09/2021 at 21:17, letterspider said:

Good idea - and less expensive!

Dont be too hasty…

you could find the coaches come out first, followed by a another price rise just before the main sets are released in January….

Hornby honour prices at the time of order, but retailers are apparently, not allowed to and are passing on the increases.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, pwr said:

Hornby did post a full page advert in the modelling press (can't remember which one) so I get the feeling it can't be that far out now

Paul R

Yes I had the same thought and I think but am not sure the Hornby coming soon pages had them down as arriving in sept/ October. I expect when Hornby commissioned the ad that was the expectation but I think I have seen quoted the mags need about 6 weeks lead time to place adverts so I reckon Hornby placed the ad in good faith but then things happened which has pushed the model back. Same thing has happened with the class 91 ad too.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 07/09/2021 at 19:51, WestRail642fan said:

I feel like that this point it'll never arrive

Perhaps they along with more new Hornby releases are on the Ever Given  or perhaps not as she was in front of the queue. So Perhaps a few more behind her are still sailing! :yes:

Screenshot_20210912-141400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by RyanN91
Typo fixed
  • Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 14:16, RyanN91 said:

Perhaps they along with more new Hornby releases are on the Ever Given  or perhaps not as she was in front of the queue. So Perhaps a few more behind her are still sailing! :yes:

Screenshot_20210912-141400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ever Given has long since gone home for hull repairs, but hopefully Ace has the APT

• 2 weeks later...

Latest on the Hornby website is that the additional intermediate carriages will be available in October, the 5 car set in December and the 7 car set January. I recall another poster indicated something similar a while back.

Paul R

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, lyneux said:

I'd be massively surprised if Hornby launched the intermediate coaches before the sets. Makes no commercial sense.

Guy

Unless they are all already sold on preorder 

6 hours ago, lyneux said:

I'd be massively surprised if Hornby launched the intermediate coaches before the sets. Makes no commercial sense.

Guy

It depends. If they have already been made then they have nothing to lose by releasing them I don't think? I.e. get some cash flow and if they do end up on dealers shelves waiting for the train packs to release then it's only the same as being sat on their shelves other than some/all are bought by dealers.

Why they'd be made before the sets OTOH I can't see the sense in but there may be a good reason!

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, lyneux said:

Guy

they have prior form for this…

The LNER HST Blue Grey mk3’s are out, but no power cars yet…

that said they are releasing yet more LNER mk3’s in red.. (R491x series) but they haven't announced any more power cars at all for them since R3802 in 2019…so those coaches are on their own…

i’m just guessing they are awaiting 43102/43274 and another EMR pairing in 2022.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

While they have form for producing coaches at different times to the powercars it’s usually the coaches being so late they look early for the next batch with the HST ;) 

With these being sold out in many places you really need the set first or it’s a risk of an expensive set of useless coaches! I suspect Hornby just haven’t updated the coach pages to match the sets. 

Hornby have set up a mobile customer service desk to answer the Covid delays . . . 

2E7B1E20-EC51-45DA-994C-D18E957E1980.jpeg.d58c50026de578bc250780680d74e860.jpeg

• Funny 3