Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

On 22/11/2021 at 19:45, EdChap said:

For those people still running the original APT model, I was somewhat surprised to see it feature in a clip I was sent from Top of The Pops!!! (Warning to any snowflakes, this was perfectly acceptable then)

Now, what TV programmes do you think the new model could appear in?

Ah So this was John Lewis's 1980 Television Christmas Advert!

Edited by RyanN91
Added in the wrong section
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Hell yes !

sod the APT ...

the only obscene bit was that electric  dogs tail ..!

I also spied the Hornby G scale rocket - a coach for which resides in my loft - it's so coated in nicotine ( from being on display in my parents lounge ) I don't know what to do with it 

It’s probably not the same construction as LGB garden rail stuff…….but cleaning LGB is a session in the dishwasher…….no, not the motor sections! :D

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone noticed that the cabside window frame is not on the model?,

on the real thing it’s a window frame but on the all yellow front version on the model the black cabside window frame appears to just be printed on in black.

Probably not surprising but 2 of the new APT 5 car sets are for sale on ebay. How do these sellers out of China get hold of these things before they even go on sale in the U.K?

Here is the link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194536006944?hash=item2d4b3fe520:g:vOMAAOSwtKFhnydt

Edited by wairoa

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, wairoa said:

Probably not surprising but 2 of the new APT 5 car sets are for sale on ebay. How do these sellers out of China get hold of these things before they even go on sale in the U.K?

Here is the link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194536006944?hash=item2d4b3fe520:g:vOMAAOSwtKFhnydt

Who says they have got hold of them? The images are all publicity shots from Hornby. 

15 minutes ago, letterspider said:

I have bought something like this (a Bachmann large logo class 37) from the Far East and it was a fine bargain.

However with the current custom duties and no warranty - wouldn't think it would be worth the trouble.

Agreed. It does not seem any cheaper than the 1 I have on order. Especially when taking in the price of shipping and as you say no warranty. Lot of money to risk.

We all know Hornby has not yet got a final  date for when 5 and 7 cars will be avaible. Yes there is date on there website but it changes all the time. 
If they left 1 week ago from the factory in china we would still have 7 weeks wait. About 2nd week of January. The guy in china might get it direct. Hence he has it for sale now .
Do  Hornby anounce when items are in transet ? 

Well, I certainly wouldn't blow $500 trying to find out what turns up, but given that the delay to the APT is no doubt caused because they are stuck on a container on a ship in a queue somewhere, it is entirely possible that the supplier has some stock taken before they went into said container.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Well, I certainly wouldn't blow $500 trying to find out what turns up, but given that the delay to the APT is no doubt caused because they are stuck on a container on a ship in a queue somewhere, it is entirely possible that the supplier has some stock taken before they went into said container.

Perhaps Hornby should sell them through Asda who have been chartering their own ships :O

Roy

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, RyanN91 said:

images of the APT-P from the recent magazine adverts! Well the gap join lines looks so much better! as does the headlights in the DTS! 

Screenshot_20211205-004339_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20211205-004318_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Did you not notice it’s the same picture with just the windows lightened and tinted to “imaginate” lighting….what you see is not what you get every time in advertising ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4