Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, cs233 said:

Early days but personally I am disappointed by the join line and it really ditracts from the prototype and it's long and clean lines. Shame it could not have been tooled without it and a two part flexible interior used to workaround the challenges. Perhaps when the livery is applied it will hide it. Let's see.....

They have already said it has fitment issues as it was a first EP. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Why not wait until you see the second EP samples that are painted before you judge the model?

My thoughts aswell it's amazing how different the second engineer sample models look when undecorated to the finalised product. When we will see final pristine versions that is  like that old saying along the lines of "it's amazing what a bit of paint can achieve". Who knows maybe next Fridays Engine Shed (or next months) might just as well showcase some decorated samples.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Why not wait until you see the second EP samples that are painted before you judge the model?

Absolutely not judging the final product. Merely saying that what has been shown so far has been below expectations and is a disappointment. Still have a set on order plus the additional coaches, for now at least. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2020 at 14:36, rubber duck said:

Speaking to Hattons yesterday it appears nearly all of their allocation of trailer cars have already sold out on pre-order ,  so get your orders in if you want to extend your rake....

Still in stock at Kernow, and others.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Hornby's release date for the APT was originally scheduled for late this year.

it would be understandable if this has slipped a little, but can anyone confirm the updated release date?

I was going to contact Hornby direct but thought I would ask here first in class anyone else has already done this.

Thks in advance.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, CB Rail said:

Hornby's release date for the APT was originally scheduled for late this year.

On their website it says Winter 2020-21 so technically sometime before the end of March 2021

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-class-370-advanced-passenger-train-sets-370-003-and-370-004-5-car-pack-era-7.html

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Informative/Useful 1

The BR Class 91s, BR Standard 2MTs and the Coronation Scot coaches are now due between late Q1 2021 and early Q2 2021. Although the W1 Hush Hush Original/rebuilt, LNER/BR Thompson A2/3, BR Thompson A2/2 are also due winter 2020/21 and (BR MK1 buffet possibly this year) although the above I've mentioned  I think it will be next year when these will arrive. The same can be applied to the BR Class 370 APT-P, Other than the Rocket. I don't think it is now possible that we will see the rest of the 2020 newly tooled models before next year (although I may be wrong). 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 18/11/2020 at 15:35, RyanN91 said:

The BR Class 91s, BR Standard 2MTs and the Coronation Scot coaches are now due between late Q1 2021 and early Q2 2021. Although the W1 Hush Hush Original/rebuilt, LNER/BR Thompson A2/3, BR Thompson A2/2 are also due winter 2020/21 and (BR MK1 buffet possibly this year) although the above I've mentioned  I think it will be next year when these will arrive. The same can be applied to the BR Class 370 APT-P, Other than the Rocket. I don't think it is now possible that we will see the rest of the 2020 newly tooled models before next year (although I may be wrong). 

As you've noted on the Hornby 2020 thread, Hattons are now showing the APT as arriving July 2021. I guess the next ES is imminent and may have more details...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

There's now a new engine shed showing an updated sample of the apt and a lot of other new models with added colour. 

And a link is useful ;) 

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/crowning-glory

It appears to be off in the top pic ;) and although there’s something there in the closeup of the powercar it doesn’t appear to be a coupling so it’s hard to judge the inter coach connection yet. 
8CE3B6F8-2276-49FD-B881-4BB91C71EC35.jpeg.009e008ba179bfcee5b22a546629386e.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Agree 1

Well that was a very short November edition of The Engine Shed! :huh: perhaps they are saving the decorated samples of the BR Class 370 APT-P for December... or next year! I'm glad that the visible separation has been sorted from Septembers edition! That blue undecorated colour sample has a feel of the Blue Pullman about it! :lol: are Hornby planning on a special gimmick Blue Pullman livery APT-P? (A bad joke!)  Off topic oh just the one sample of the body chassis for the Class 91 "For the Fallen" It is very moving 

and beautiful. Perhaps we'll see more in Decembers edition which coincidently the last Friday of that month is Christmas Day. So I'd imagine the week before as December's edition is usually early anyway. So it is just a decorated samples the APT-P we are yet to see so hopefully next month's well see those more BR Class 91s .

11 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

Well, there is now the Blue Pullman HST that they could turn their sights to

Indeed there is and it's a very beautiful livery for a Intercity 125. I did love the shinney gloss finish of the BR Class 43 (HST) power cars. Back to the BR Class 370 APT-P this and the BR Class 91s, from memory these two are the only newly tooled models from the 2020, which we are yet to see final painted samples of. Judging by the closing paragraph on November's Engine Shed. It looks like December's edition will just be highlights of 2020. Which is disappointing if they won't be able to give us the photos on next month's edition of the final approved decorated, painted samples of these two before sometime next year.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well the coupling is at least now obvious in that and the train looks rather good in the video, hopefully they can soon answer the question about whether a second powered mech is necessary for a full set :) 

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Doesn’t seem to be much if any evidence of any tilt in the video. On those corners I would expect to see a lot more pronounced tilt visible. 

Andi

Watch at 5:41 it’s quite pronounced as it enters the corner compared to the power car. 
before

F669CF4B-61AD-4390-9CFF-9D07E8F35272.jpeg.1b0853b233fd9bf65439662f6f1c3287.jpeg

corner

9E0EF86F-B307-41C8-BA00-75AEB9197838.jpeg.6cf4c43fb4c64fed3e7fa59f4b260169.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Nice video it really is coming to shape! I see the windscreen wipers are yet to be added! :D The iconic tilt on articulated bogies, I feel awful as I am really trying to see if I can see it am I missing it? :o I know this isn't the final one but Also when travelling the rear brake centre headlamp on the DTS shouldn't they be illuminated in red though? :scratch_one-s_head_mini:The mould lining join on the toolings they do look a lot better I know as pointed out from September's Engine Shed. Perhaps the red stripe on the InterCity APT Executive  livery will directly end below where the mould lining is if so that would look marvellous!

Edited by RyanN91
missed information.