Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

7 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

It looks amazing. I totally regret not buying a 5-car set i.e. the one depicted in the post above.

NOTE: It isn't a painted EP sample, it is in fact a CGI rendered image using the CAD work as a basis and either the CAD software or Photoshop to apply the livery. 

I wouldn't worry the 7 car Set 370 001 and 370 00, will be just as stunning with the Intercity APT-P Livery and black window surrounds! Yes the 5 car set is very nice impartially as it comes with the "City of Derby" power car. I'm sure many other retailers will still have allocated stock of the 5 car set when all of the APT-P collection is released in July. Hornby have excelled themselves once again with the newly tooled super detailed APT-P! 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

27 minutes ago, RyanN91 said:

I wouldn't worry the 7 car Set 370 001 and 370 00, will be just as stunning with the Intercity APT-P Livery and black window surrounds! Yes the 5 car set is very nice impartially as it comes with the "City of Derby" power car. I'm sure many other retailers will still have allocated stock of the 5 car set when all of the APT-P collection is released in July. Hornby have excelled themselves once again with the newly tooled super detailed APT-P! 

Dont count your chickens!!! ... there's still plenty time for them to c*ck it up and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'll reserve judgement on whether they've excelled themselves once there's a painted sample to look at properly. Believe me, I want them to excel since I have a full APT set on pre-order, but while they've got Stevie Wonder picking paint colours (e.g. HSTs in Intercity Swallow livery with dodgy greys that look green or sector Class 56s and 60s or very dark blues on BR Blue-Grey Mk1 RBs) I just cant trust that what gets produced will match the artwork.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

45 minutes ago, GordonC said:

Dont count your chickens!!! ... there's still plenty time for them to c*ck it up and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'll reserve judgement on whether they've excelled themselves once there's a painted sample to look at properly. Believe me, I want them to excel since I have a full APT set on pre-order, but while they've got Stevie Wonder picking paint colours (e.g. HSTs in Intercity Swallow livery with dodgy greys that look green or sector Class 56s and 60s or very dark blues on BR Blue-Grey Mk1 RBs) I just cant trust that what gets produced will match the artwork.

Yes there is as we should always, "expect the unexpected and unexpect the expected!"

55 minutes ago, GordonC said:

they've got Stevie Wonder picking paint colours (e.g. HSTs in Intercity Swallow livery with dodgy greys that look green or sector Class 56s and 60s or very dark blues on BR Blue-Grey Mk1 RBs) I just cant trust that what gets produced will match the artwork.

It's not Stevie's fault, Bachmann nip into the paint shop of an evening and mix up all his pots.

For once in his life, he would like it acknowledged it is not his fault what goes into the master blaster spray gun, he's never been forgiven for when the ebony and ivory paints got mixed up. Lately, he's had a lot of paint jobs at his fingertips to deal with and it knocks me off my feet how much he does in a week.  But he doesn't moan, he keeps to the higher ground and I have faith he will deliver a good paint job on the APT

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Seems a good idea to me. The IETs are reported to be a little less than wonderful. Get Mr. Tilt to sort out the last few glitches and the UK will ride the rails again!

At least it would be a nice short journey time.........

57 minutes ago, APT-P said:

The East West Rail video with the APT-ish CGI Train is still on YouTube here -

I wonder if the creator of that presentation was being deliberately naughty. Not much chance of an APT, I would have thought, but going by the criticism of a lot of new trains, might there be an argument for reverting to Mk. III coaches or Mk. III-based MUs?

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Pre-orders have also been maxed out to retailers for a couple of months now, so it's now a case of "what retailers have is all they're going to get". Judging by the sales so far (especially on the 7-car set) this model is looking to be a pre-sell out, so to avoid disappointment I'd recommend contacting your local model shop early if you'd really like to get your hands on a model! :smile_mini:

On 24/01/2021 at 11:01, No Decorum said:

I wonder if the creator of that presentation was being deliberately naughty. Not much chance of an APT, I would have thought, but going by the criticism of a lot of new trains, might there be an argument for reverting to Mk. III coaches or Mk. III-based MUs?

Old buildings to be Replaced by a god Awful melted type sheds, ugh.

Stuart P has very kindly added a fantastic Video on YouTube of the APT-P this original master is from on Sound Super-8 cine film with audio  this wonderful piece of archive which appears to be restored and scanned in glorious HD! 720p if anything! Apologies if it isn't in HD! It certainly does look a lot better than SD!  with fantastic audio here it the link enjoy as i certainly have more than once! 

APT-P - BR's Advanced Passenger Train

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 7

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 24/02/2021 at 23:42, RyanN91 said:

Stuart P has very kindly added a fantastic Video on YouTube of the APT-P this original master is from on Sound Super-8 cine film with audio  this wonderful piece of archive which appears to be restored and scanned in glorious HD! 720p if anything! Apologies if it isn't in HD! It certainly does look a lot better than SD!  with fantastic audio here it the link enjoy as i certainly have more than once! 

APT-P - BR's Advanced Passenger Train

Some interesting shots of the roof weathering there too. 

• Like 1