Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

Wow the box artwork design! :D 

I don't know the copyright legal reasons for posting a picture of the APT-P 5 car box as it hasn't been officially released yet. So I won't here. Nothing major but what I will say I think they missed a trick on the box artwork the Pendolinos Virgin trains train packs and the recent Avanti Pendolino box on the artwork shows in the bottom right hand corner all have the model displaying the titling mechanism with a description showing as seen here. I think it would have been nice if that was included on the APT-Ps box art work designs. 

Hornby-R3952-Class-390-Pendolino-Train-Pack-Avanti.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Have seen the pic of the model on the layout looks really good can’t wait for mine (even though I have no where to run it) but that’s a minor detail.

Its on the Facebook page link provided above.

mark

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Have seen the pic of the model on the layout looks really good can’t wait for mine (even though I have no where to run it) but that’s a minor detail.

Its on the Facebook page link provided above.

mark

i have no place to run mine either

• Agree 1

The prices have gone up on Hornby's website - £434 for 5 car and £533 for 7 car. The 5 car is no longer showing in coming soon but is still showing as pre-order. The 7 car is still showing as August delivery.

There are also a whole load of spare parts also showing....

Guy

Edited by lyneux

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, RyanN91 said:

Wow the box artwork design! :D 

I don't know the copyright legal reasons for posting a picture of the APT-P 5 car box as it hasn't been officially released yet. So I won't here. Nothing major but what I will say I think they missed a trick on the box artwork the Pendolinos Virgin trains train packs and the recent Avanti Pendolino box on the artwork shows in the bottom right hand corner all have the model displaying the titling mechanism with a description showing as seen here. I think it would have been nice if that was included on the APT-Ps box art work designs. 

Hornby-R3952-Class-390-Pendolino-Train-Pack-Avanti.jpg

Agreed this looks much better than the artwork for the 5 car pack (see the facebook page above for a pic)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, APT-P said:

Video now online here -

https://fb.watch/77xGwIlp8j/

It looks great but also looks like there are only interior  lights in the driving cars unless it’s the lighting in the cathedral or something?

edit railnuts answered my question on the video lights in all cars as we expected!

Edited by Markwj

8 minutes ago, Markwj said:

It looks great but also looks like there are only interior  lights in the driving cars unless it’s the lighting in the cathedral or something?

Seems like the coaches have interior lighting..... they look like cool white LEDs whilst the driving cars seem to have warm white. Though I am not sure if the seating arrangement and colour of the interior has anything to do with this.

Edited by AY Mod
Copyright images removed
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Seems like the coaches have interior lighting..... they look like cool white LEDs whilst the driving cars seem to have warm white. Though I am not sure if the seating arrangement and colour of the interior has anything to do with this.

Thanks Hayley had the same thought to be honest- looking forward to the magazine reviews and the delivery of my 7 car set! It’s like being 11 all over again!!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

looks like the DTS's seating has a red-ish colour while the TBF has a blue-ish colour seats. Thats might be why it appears only the DTS's interior lights are working

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Wow the plain yellow front looks stunning and as a 5 car set it is really beautiful! Everything the livery the interior lighting really shows of the incredible details. It stands out alot more than the original 1980 model! (for the original though for 1980 it was very ahead of its time in terms of technology for tooling etc) Sorry if this has already been discussed. But has it been mentioned yet about the headlights in the DTS's? As I didn't see  notice they were illuminated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RyanN91 said:

Wow the plain yellow front looks stunning and as a 5 car set it is really beautiful! Everything the livery the interior lighting really shows of the incredible details. It stands out alot more than the original 1980 model! (for the original though for 1980 it was very ahead of its time in terms of technology for tooling etc) Sorry if this has already been discussed. But has it been mentioned yet about the headlights in the DTS's? As I didn't see  notice they were illuminated.

I didn't notice taillights either when it went into the tunnel

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Markwj said:

There is a comment on the railnuts Facebook page that their apt set is one of only 3 in the country. Presumably the rest are on a slow boat from China!

the joke has no doubt been done already but maybe they're on Ever Given :laugh_mini2:

unrelated, but Ever Given has docked in Felixstowe

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

Still not seeing head or tail lights on. 

True though is this layout DCC and therefore may be function or just a production proof with a fault? I honestly can't believe they'd have missed this with everything else they've they gone through on this model.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, VXDH92 said:

Fingers crossed it's just that they haven't put decoders in the end vehicles at the mo

How many decoders does it need? I assumed it'd just be the one with electrical connections?