Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

13 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Don’t know what’s happening with the quotes in your post but the first quote was David, not me

Your correct, I think i took the quote from David's Quote in your post so it came out as your quote 

Sorry for any confusion

My answer was related to both quotes

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Looks like a price drop R3874.. i’m sure this used to be an rrp £484.99 ?

Interesting, the 5-car R3873 is now £329.16 from £394.99 too.

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Anyone with them on pre-order from Hattons, check your account:

I had the components on order to make a 14 coach train. I am 100% certain of this.

I have just checked my Hattons account but there is no sign of it & they never emailed me about it either.

Just checked mine is still on will be interested to know if you get ‘the’ email etc

cheers

10 minutes ago, ac1874 said:

Showing as "Expected Winter 2021" now as well, I may have missed updates but I thought it was supposed to be July.

They only just received painted samples. So a delay was expected. They need to make improvements and changes to the painted sample before they can begin production and have a production sample. When you get a production sample (as the name suggests) then you know they're close

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, ac1874 said:

I thought it was supposed to be . . .

Was being the operative word ;)

All manufacturers are having issues with predicted dates it’s inevitable with the supply and workforce available unpredictability, with more variant outbreaks. They can’t win if they put soon some think that is ‘on the boat’ ;) 

They haven’t answered my follow up question about the single power car in the 7 coach set being enough for a full set yet and their auto reply said up to 7 days for a response two and a half weeks ago. It should make a nice Christmas present in ‘Winter’ or possibly March? ;) Hey Ho it looks good so far. 

67BB7937-1608-40BA-9523-9D52457FBA82.jpeg.6b20556db72280c2000ab18774d4d0e1.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

It should make a nice Christmas present in ‘Winter’ or possibly March? ;) Hey Ho it looks good so far. 

Not complaining on delays, it is inevitable. Reckon we assume March and might get an early surprise!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Was being the operative word ;)

All manufacturers are having issues with predicted dates it’s inevitable with the supply and workforce available unpredictability, with more variant outbreaks. They can’t win if they put soon some think that is ‘on the boat’ ;) 

I don't think much anything has changed in this respect.

Going back as far as the 80s, Hornby have always been the same with their release dates. Models with an expected summer release date have usually arrived just in time for Christmas & those in autumn or winter usually arrive the following year.

I understand the issue. You want to keep the customer informed on when to expect their product & you usually want to give good news that it will arrive sooner rather than later. Those producing it want to get it right & this can sometimes mean a re-design which misses a production slot.

Hattons tried to be more communicative with their class 66 & this exposed every issue which caused a delay. This was probably even more frustrating for them than it was for the customers.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Looks like a price drop R3874.. i’m sure this used to be an rrp £484.99 ?

C9D970D6-84E9-4F09-9A2D-6A0CFC1846B2.jpeg.0e4e313abc59e0c30c95eadcee980512.jpeg

Sorry to say the same reference is back up to £484 now unfortunately . I wonder if any lucky so-and-sos will get it for £404....

Alan

3 hours ago, jivebunny said:

Sorry to say the same reference is back up to £484 now unfortunately . I wonder if any lucky so-and-sos will get it for £404....

Alan

I doubt it. When I put one in my basket it added the VAT at the checkout stage and went back to £484.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 15/04/2021 at 23:45, Henners84 said:

Strange that Hornby website now shows the 5 car set as being due winter 2021 but the 7 car set due summer 2021...?

its really hard to tell when anything is due soon by the Hornby website it’s even worse than the old site 

I don’t think we will see the APT till at least Christmas or next year maybe 

Strange that Hornby website now shows the 5 car set as being due winter 2021 but the 7 car set due summer 2021...?

Perhaps they estimate it will take 6 months to remove the two extra cars from the 7 car sets and put them away somewhere safe.

• Funny 2

I just took a look and Hornby website's is now saying all the APT stuff is due Summer 2021:

image.png.02d75ea94617b796835cec2c93198873.png

I'm pretty sure that can't be the case?

Edited by InterCity80s

Just to add to this to give a little hope.

Hornby put the coronation scot coaches as winter 2021-22 despite previously saying spring 2021.

and later it was changed back to spring 2021 in a matter of of days, And now the coronation scot coaches have arrived on time at spring 2021.

I think it could just be a small glitch.

Thanks Jack

• RMweb Premium
On 14/04/2021 at 15:31, PaulRhB said:

They haven’t answered my follow up question about the single power car in the 7 coach set being enough for a full set yet and their auto reply said up to 7 days for a response two and a half weeks ago. It should make a nice Christmas present in ‘Winter’ or possibly March? ;) Hey Ho it looks good so far. 

Don't hold your breath.

I've had occasion to contact them on two separate topics in the past 12 months.

One took 9 weeks for a response, the other was 11 .........!

And both cases required a reminder before a response.

• Agree 2

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Doesn't makes sense the 5 car will be later than the 7 car in my opinion. Surely 5 cars easier to produce vs 7 cars, and no black ends to paint. 

Don't know if anyone else feels the same, but the black ends on Hornbys painted sample doesn't look quite right to me. Don't thing the black vs yellow join should match the join on the front panel that covers the buffers. Otherwise look spot on to me. 

• 2 weeks later...