Hornby APT 2020

PaulRhB

2 hours ago, ac1874 said:

Still showing as July release on Hornby's coming soon section of the website.

Wasn’t September mentioned further up this thread?

On 25/06/2021 at 09:17, Derails Models said:

In the last day or so we enquired about the prospective release dates for these models, we've been told September for all of the variants (5/7 car and coaches).

HTH :-)

Dan answered the question by checking with Hornby, the ‘coming soon’ section is known to be inaccurate and a reliable retailer has already gone to the trouble of asking so I’d go with that. 

4 hours ago, WestRail642fan said:

Late September for the add on coaches, Late July for the 5 car and 7 car packs

8FF2B084-FFB5-455D-8274-9B4ED2A3289F.jpeg.04e4f42dd4dc7454812e367b58df6a9b.jpeg

As above from a retailer asking because of your previous post. 

To be fair, there have been contradictory messages about the 5/7 car sets if you read back a couple of pages.

Keeping an open mind for now and fingers crossed for July fulfilment (at least for those orders placed direct with the Hornby website which is still showing a July delivery).

Guy

5 minutes ago, lyneux said:

To be fair, there have been contradictory messages about the 5/7 car sets if you read back a couple of pages.

That’s why Dan rang Hornby, in response to the first post about July. It looks like someone gave out the July info at Hornby but Dan’s is the latest official response and just read the amount of changes on the coming soon list in other threads on the W1’s and Pecketts. It’s a pretty pointless list recently as the dates are bouncing around like an accident in a rubber ball factory. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

8 hours ago, oleander said:

At least it looks like it will be comming out in the correct order . The 5 and 7 train pack first and add on coachs later. 

Not exactly. If you read the post from Derails, the latest is all packs are due in September.  Personally my guess is that the way things are going i wouldnt be surprised if that slips again into october or november.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

That’s why Dan rang Hornby, in response to the first post about July. It looks like someone gave out the July info at Hornby but Dan’s is the latest official response and just read the amount of changes on the coming soon list in other threads on the W1’s and Pecketts. It’s a pretty pointless list recently as the dates are bouncing around like an accident in a rubber ball factory. 

by Dan, are you refering to me or someone else called Dan?

I know it hasn't been released yet but is it just me? Or do the headlights on the DTS' look too lower down? I know the final examples will have modifications. It's just on the original Hornby APT-P The headlights look to be correct as just like the real APT-PS. Again I'm probably just being too picky they do look fantastic either way! 

Not wanting to derail the thread but the recent announcement on Hornby price rises is concerning, more so with expensive sets like this. 10% on a 7 car set is a couple coaches elsewhere. Sincerely hoping the price increase doesn't apply to this model or if it does it's considerably less than 10%. I've ordered through Hornby.com since I was late and that was the only place with reliable stock as far as I could tell so hoping they honour the current price.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, E100 said:

Not wanting to derail the thread but the recent announcement on Hornby price rises is concerning, more so with expensive sets like this. 10% on a 7 car set is a couple coaches elsewhere. Sincerely hoping the price increase doesn't apply to this model or if it does it's considerably less than 10%. I've ordered through Hornby.com since I was late and that was the only place with reliable stock as far as I could tell so hoping they honour the current price.

If Hornby is correct and the 5 and 7 car packs release before the end of the month, the 10% price rise wouldn't apply since that comes in on the 31st

Edited by WestRail642fan
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, WestRail642fan said:

If Hornby is correct and the 5 and 7 car packs release before the end of the month, the 10% price rise wouldn't apply since that comes in on the 31st

Think you are grasping at straws here.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, WestRail642fan said:

I wouldn't put too much faith in those items being delivered before the 31st of July.

The HD Merchant Navies were due for release in July on the Hornby website. These locos are now shown by many outlets as scheduled for August delivery and will if the latter is correct, attract the additional 10% price increase.

Hornby deliveries and release dates for various reasons, appear to be all over the place at the moment.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, WestRail642fan said:

The APT-P is one of their pet projects...They'll be making a noise about it. They haven't even shown us production samples. I still think it's a couple of months away (and that's being generous)

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Agree 10
  • Funny 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I get the feeling that when the delivery driver drops these off he'll be a fat, jolly fellow wearing a big white beard and a big red hat.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

December 2021 a year delay from the original December 2020 date then is possible either way! A delay or not though it'll be worth the wait! Alot of the 2020 range is still to arrive and the

LNER, Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/1, 'Azuma' Five Car Train was from the 2019 range was it?  I think the centenary range product range was the only full products released in the year 2020 that arrived that year. The retro wagons early 2021. But they were fantastic to get these all out to retailers in their anniversary year. With any of the forthcoming releases both the 2020 and 2021 ranges delays are inevitable but I think it adds to the suspense and excitement! Although that's probably just me and my opition.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I get the feeling that when the delivery driver drops these off he'll be a fat, jolly fellow wearing a big white beard and a big red hat.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Maybe 10% jollier? 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

Waiting for this model is just like the real APT... We're left with delay after delay, no one knows when it will make an appearance, since it was announced numerous HST sets have been announced and released, and it is ridiculously expensive. Let's hope that when we do see it, it will be reliable and that it does not make its customers sick! 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3