Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I wonder how sellers of these will view returns if either there are faults that are only found later, or buyers then fail to be able to get hold of the main APT set itself? For example, you can only return a working item to Hornby for 14 days for a refund normally.

Roy

Thats why i’m not buying them for now.

Its not as if anyone buying these coaches can use them for anything else in the interim.

I want to ensure things like paint match and quality too..ive dodged bullets before here and this is a big ticket item.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I think Hornby would find it very hard to not accept them back as it’s clearly part of the set ;) If your order is at the same time for coaches and matching set and they supply the accessories separately early then a reference to talking to trading standards would soon get them back in line so don’t worry about it ;) . I’ll accept my coaches and check them over now so any obvious issues can be dealt with straight away before the set arrives. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Thats why i’m not buying them for now.

Its not as if anyone buying these coaches can use them for anything else in the interim.

I want to ensure things like paint match and quality too..ive dodged bullets before here and this is a big ticket item.

I think you’ll find there’s a high probability they (coach packs/power car) will have all sold out before the sets arrive. So I agree it’s not ideal. I’m going to take delivery and trust all will be ok. 

• Agree 1

Just had the next coach pack notified as available.

I checked with Hornby who confirmed the main set is still showing as only available January

as far as testing is concerned I expect to figure a way to do this similar to how I have tested the 80’s NDM’s ….. with the help of a strategic elastic band support for the coupler

as far as paint match is concerned I’d have to check how well matched the BR versions were, I suspect some matched better than others

Edited by Bigeddie
Addition

Hornby have just charged for my TS set. I expect Gaugemaster will be doing the same fo the others on order. Just a shame the 7 car set won't be out until January. Seems an odd way to supply a model.

Paul R

6 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

CAB66FB0-734C-46FD-994A-3D383B2A7D0E.jpeg.34593ac501df5aa0bc576ee425c7255f.jpeg

Your Hornby APT coach packs have been despatched!

The rest will arrive in January 

1ABA81A0-7C78-478C-B259-361CEA6D333B.jpeg.1b8a161f1f9c9276424f8dd96638fa43.jpeg

:lol:

Mine are also shipped other latest purchases include R3681 LMS PRINCESS CORONATION CLASS 4-6-2 NO.6241 'CITY OF EDINBURGH'. R3632 BR, Merchant Navy Class, 4-6-2, 35024 ‘East Asiatic Company’ - Era 4. R3995  BR, 'Clan' Standard 6MT, 4-6-2, 72004 'Clan MacDonald' - Era 4. This is no joke I had the most weirdst bizarre dream that I received my coaches for the 7 car pack from Hornby directly. They were attached on the top of a seen-better-days original Hornby APT-P train set without the track etc the with cellophane plastic window missing attached with a polite note from Hornby saying we know everyone is excited for the new APT-Ps so we've sent everyone for free of charge a hire to return the original APT-P to test the new coaches (I know they are incompatible with the new tooled model) until the new train packs arrive with a pre-paid return box for the old APT-P set. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 14/10/2021 at 19:01, WestRail642fan said:

my coaches are being handled by Hermes

I’ll try to influence the other side in a seance on Saturday and a prayer on Sunday.
Failing that find a model you don't want and sacrifice it on a bonfire on Sunday night, hopefully one or the other might give your package some hope.

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Markwj said:

Thanks for the instruction sheet- I wonder if I can get hold of those power car couplings as a spare to retro fit the older coaches as they look a similar fitting to the bogie as the old model.

Well I think they are a little shorter than the originals but I suspect something could be done. There are spares in the pack but they all look like the same half of a pair.

The ndm runs great though with couplers off! Rolling january