Hornby A2/2 and A2/3 (2020 Range)

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Imminent?

Before or After CNY?

I'm hoping it's in a container on the high seas, or even already berthed and offloaded, being verified in Margate before distribution .... high stakes.

Al.

I think by "Imminent" he means before. Hornby's site is displaying the A2/2's as "Out of Stock" on their website and not "On Preorder" so they're likely getting shipments to other places for onward shipping to customers

2 hours ago, Crouchja32 said:

I think by "Imminent" he means before. Hornby's site is displaying the A2/2's as "Out of Stock" on their website and not "On Preorder" so they're likely getting shipments to other places for onward shipping to customers

I have no idea what Hornby are doing.

Having just paid full price for 'imminent' delivery of 60505 I read this on Hornby's website today...

'Expected Winter 2021'...  top right

z_60505_Image1.jpg.8af9ddabf0efe495f47c705794fa6c1b.jpg

Confusion reigns!

31 minutes ago, robmcg said:

I have no idea what Hornby are doing.

Having just paid full price for 'imminent' delivery of 60505 I read this on Hornby's website today...

'Expected Winter 2021'...  top right

z_60505_Image1.jpg.8af9ddabf0efe495f47c705794fa6c1b.jpg

Confusion reigns!

How very odd. I wonder why it's gone from this (Taken earlier in the day, prior to refreshing):T9Hr5XXLNm.png.fd62b0f9696c0f05ec2248735b06b648.pngTo what you have shared. 

I'm sure we will get an answer soon, I hope the nameplate and numberplates I bought for it won't have to wait too long to be united with the loco. 

Indeed it is weird. To suggest a product will be available in 6 months when previously it was describe as 'sold out on pre-order' or not listed at all,  might suggest a second run, and/or any amount of speculation,  and if all the pre-orders are to take that long I will cancel.

Much as I look forward to a weathered Thane of Fife.

In the meantime I will be optimistic and accept the word of my retailer that delivery was 'imminent'.  It's a high turnover shop and it was a senior person who reassured me.

I suppose that's a good sign if the Senior member reassured you on delivery. The fact that both 60501 and 60505 sold out to Pre-orders on Hattons could mean a lot of people are interested in it, which might well mean another run. But I suppose we shall have to wait and see. 

Looks like Feb is going to be a bit busy for me when it comes to loco arrivals, if things are still released on time. 

• Like 1

So much for arrival around the 25th...   where are my patience medications?  

Actually I have been looking through pictures of various A2s both Thompson and Peppercorn and the new Hornby models will be interesting to compare with Bachmann's A2 in its various guises, a very fine model in my opinion. The Hornby Thompson version certainly has character, I can't wait! I recall that when Bachmann did theA2 I guess over ten years ago ? they did several in LNER and BR Apple Green and it seems Hornby are choosing similar colours for the A2/3s...

The CADs for the Hornby 9F on The Engine Shed look impressive, but I just bought two more Bachmann versions because apart from liking the models greatly they were very keenly priced. FWIW a mint DCC 92077 for UKP85 delivered and a very nicely weathered 92192 with coal and all accessories fitted etc UKP95.  Can't say fairer that that guv'nor.

Edited by robmcg
typo
  • Like 3

I'm just hoping that 'Winter 2021' is not Antipodean Winter 2021 ....  :wub:

So much for imminent arrival / delivery indeed.

I suppose we'll just have to be a little more patient.

A/Scale mentioned a container loaded with goodies was on a ship which was diverted then reloaded and moved around several times - easily happen as shipping tries to optimise transport options ... perhaps it had been imminent, then trans-shipped ...

Soon be here.

Al.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark C said:

Both Cock o' the North and Thane of Fife are now on sale....I'm stuggling not to buy one of them....

Where? Any news on the A2/3?

Edited by davidw
  • Like 1

Hi

An update of Hornby deliveries, I rang Hatton's this afternoon and as far as they are concerned their system still says the new Hornby A2/2's arriving end of January 2021.

The gentleman I spoke to said obviously thats not going to happen but they do have a new Hornby delivery next week but expect an update from Hornby ASAP as the January delivery date has now gone.

That's all for now Folks

Regards

David

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

9 hours ago, davidw said:

Where? Any news on the A2/3?

With the imminent or already-arrived A2/2s the A2/3s are beginning to look very attractive, having been such intereting members of the steam scene in the 1945-62 scene. 

One wonders how many are being produced in each 'run', given the apparent second run for 60501 and 60505.

A2/3 60514 could sell on its name alone, and 60500, well that's pat of history, one has to have one of them! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Crouchja32 said:

The first A2/3's are due in this coming month. From what it said on Kernow's newsletter, they were expecting the BR Early and Late Crest examples first and didn't say anything about the LNER pair. 

Thanks I'd heard the same. Didn't want to report until,it was confirmed elsewhere. Hornby's new website has teething troubles with dates

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Yeah Hornby's website has had a few teething troubles. And not just with release dates. Some of the items were listed with the web link of another product and the incoming Maunsell coaches have a 5 pole motor. At least the light is nearing the end of the tunnel so to speak for these loco's. Will certainly be nice to see these running trains on layouts soon. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Crouchja32 said:

Yeah Hornby's website has had a few teething troubles. And not just with release dates. Some of the items were listed with the web link of another product and the incoming Maunsell coaches have a 5 pole motor. At least the light is nearing the end of the tunnel so to speak for these loco's. Will certainly be nice to see these running trains on layouts soon. 

...my Thane of Fife will probably arrive on Tuesday, all I need now is that layout to run it on...!!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Mark C said:

...my Thane of Fife will probably arrive on Tuesday, all I need now is that layout to run it on...!!

Personally, I'm sorry that TOF is later crest and COTN is early crest. As TOF was withdrawn 59 and COTN 61 I model ECML 1960 ish so I suppose I can get away with either. A crest change is fairly easy. As is lowering the number plate and lamp iron

Edited by davidw
Unnecessary capitalisation.
  • Like 2

Interesting about the A2/3s being expected next month, the BR vesions at least, this makes me think that they too have beaten the Chinese New Year thing.... although what form that will take this year, with Covid, is unclear.

The question then arises, which to buy, and to weather or not to weather... :) 

I was looking at my Bachmann Peppercorn A2s yesterday and had forgotten what fine models they were.  Hornby's A2s will I'm sure be their equal, or better. 

Edited by robmcg
added comment
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1