Jump to content

CF MRC

New Hornby Rocket

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

What a great little model promised from Hornby, but no smoke!  The original was great fun, and perhaps I should dust off my 3.5” version. 

image.jpeg.01a1b65402e313483acffe90711a66fa.jpeg
Tim

 

Edited by CF MRC
Better picture
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hornby has shown it can do small with the Ruston. I wonder if there will be a DCC socket and space for a speaker in the lead coach.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CF MRC said:

What a great little model promised from Hornby, but no smoke!  The original was great fun, and perhaps I should dust off my 3.5” version. 
5E1A376C-9C1D-416C-8050-999BD7E76CDE.jpeg.74922f0f0331bfb13597b69aa8a866bc.jpeg

Photo from Hatton’s website 
Tim

 

If ANY model was crying out for a ready fitted crew........

  • Like 3
  • Agree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really impressed by this. I thought there was an outside chance of Rocket showing up in the range, but at best it would be the Triang one with a new finish. It's just a shame it's a limited edition, I'd love the coaches as a separate item.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when I thought I was no longer bothered about UK RTR...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HonestTom said:

Really impressed by this. I thought there was an outside chance of Rocket showing up in the range, but at best it would be the Triang one with a new finish. It's just a shame it's a limited edition, I'd love the coaches as a separate item.

There two sets, limited R3809 and train pack R3810 so maybe if they sell well? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, HonestTom said:

Really impressed by this. I thought there was an outside chance of Rocket showing up in the range, but at best it would be the Triang one with a new finish. It's just a shame it's a limited edition, I'd love the coaches as a separate item.


It looks like this is going to be produced as the limited edition box set (R3809, RRP £189.99) and also a normal train pack (R3810, RRP: £179.99)

[Edit: Beaten to it!]

Edited by Skinnylinny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am delighted with this announcement from Hornby, its an obvious one for them to produce and surely will be the sort of thing that will sell well at Shildon and York NRM to a wider audience. I been bending Hornby reps about this for some time but claim absolutely no credit! I had a long chat with Simon at the Great Dorset Steam Fair last August and he spent a long time checking on his phone  and pointing out that there wasn't an anniversary for it coming up in the near future when he will have known all about the new tooling and its release this year. At times at these public events he must have many internal chuckles to balance the rubbish he gets from customers!

 

Certainly Hornby have pulled out the stops this year and like many others on here I hope it works for them.

 

all the best and a Happy New Year to all

 

Godfrey

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Hornby has shown it can do small with the Ruston. I wonder if there will be a DCC socket and space for a speaker in the lead coach.

 

Not sure on the speaker but I asked Hornby on Facebook and they said there will be a DCC socket

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the motor in this? Loco, tender or coaches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Where is the motor in this? Loco, tender or coaches?

 

I believe it's in the loco.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

If ANY model was crying out for a ready fitted crew........


Crew comes in the set.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it will see a reworked 5 pole XT60- well can dream I guess .. Looks a great model and I am sure Rainhill trials and other early line modelling will get a boost.

Robert 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

I wonder if it will see a reworked 5 pole XT60- well can dream I guess .. Looks a great model and I am sure Rainhill trials and other early line modelling will get a boost.

Robert 

 

When are Hornby doing a working Cycloped?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when they can get a motor, or breed a horse small enough .... !!

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

A few snaps from my phone taken last month. True to 1/76th scale the model is quite exquisite!

H2020_rocket_1.jpg.98de57f4fdf2fb43221ebc38f855ab55.jpg

H2020_rocket_2.jpg.55541021169ee89d8f3fdf63f7140489.jpg

 

It's a pity that the lining on the water tank (?) appears quite sloppy, although fairly easy to tidy up I imagine. This can't be too far pre-production if they're to be available next month.

 

2 hours ago, Skinnylinny said:


It looks like this is going to be produced as the limited edition box set (R3809, RRP £189.99) and also a normal train pack (R3810, RRP: £179.99)

[Edit: Beaten to it!]

 

As @Graham_Muz clarified in the 2020 release thread, the coaches will have different names. So the two packs are not otherwise identical.

  • Informative/Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

There two sets, limited R3809 and train pack R3810 so maybe if they sell well? 

 

Yes. And then all the Rocket 200 and other editions they can think of. I think they'll be making these for years. :yes:

 

Open carriages next please. Need somewhere for the plebs to travel.  ;) 

 

 

 

 

Jason

  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HonestTom said:

Really impressed by this. I thought there was an outside chance of Rocket showing up in the range, but at best it would be the Triang one with a new finish. It's just a shame it's a limited edition, I'd love the coaches as a separate item.

There is one set limited and one not and I imagine It's not like it will disappear forever.

 

No doubt It will come out next in a Top Hat Shaped Box or Science Museum Victorian Edition as The Stephenson's Steam Special Anniversary . Banging out another 2000 items limited edition. There going to get as much cash from this as possible.

 

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/39601/Hornby-r3810-oo-gauge-l-mr-stephenson-s-rocket-train-pack

 

and the limited one for 9 quid extra

 

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/39570/Hornby-r3809-oo-gauge-stephenson-s-rocket-train-pack-centenary-year-limited-edition-1963

 

cheers

 

G

Edited by Georgeconna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could not resist ordering R3810 been waiting for one of these for years.

  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

There is one set limited and one not and I imagine It's not like it will disappear forever.

 

No doubt It will come out next in a Top Hat Shaped Box or Science Museum Victorian Edition as The Stephenson's Steam Special Anniversary . Banging out another 2000 items limited edition. There going to get as much cash from this as possible.

 

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/39601/Hornby-r3810-oo-gauge-l-mr-stephenson-s-rocket-train-pack

 

and the limited one for 9 quid extra

 

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/39570/Hornby-r3809-oo-gauge-stephenson-s-rocket-train-pack-centenary-year-limited-edition-1963

 

cheers

 

G

Well of course they are going to get as much cash out of it as possible. They are a business and not making things for the fun of it.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thrilled by this release.  A great choice of subject done very well.  Well, done Hornby.

 

One to look forward to. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, truffy said:

 

It's a pity that the lining on the water tank (?) appears quite sloppy, although fairly easy to tidy up I imagine. This can't be too far pre-production if they're to be available next month.

 

 

The image is very cruelly enlarged the actual model is tiny! 

  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.